Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer lets you view full-featured presentations created in PowerPoint 97 and later versions.
PowerPoint Viewer lets you view full-featured presentations created in PowerPoint 97 and later versions with full fidelity. This viewer also supports opening password-protected Microsoft PowerPoint presentations. You can view and print presentations, but you cannot edit them in the PowerPoint Viewer.
The following section on Font Components amends the license terms for the PowerPoint Viewer and must accompany any permitted redistribution of the PowerPoint Viewer:
You may use the fonts that accompany the PowerPoint Viewer only to display and print content from a device running a Microsoft Windows operating system. Additionally, you may do the following:
You may not copy, install or use the fonts on other devices.
- Embed fonts in content as permitted by the embedding restrictions in the fonts
- When printing content, temporarily download the fonts to a printer or other output device
Note: If no end user license agreement is presented during installation or the first run of PowerPoint Viewer, by downloading this software you agree that the software is subject to the terms of the end user license agreement that you already accepted with your previous installation of PowerPoint Viewer, with Microsoft as the licensor.
The following Microsoft PowerPoint features are not supported by this viewer:
- Information Rights Management (IRM) presentations.
- Running macros, programs, or opening linked or embedded objects.
Supported Operating System
Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 R2 (32-Bit x86), Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 editions, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista Service Pack 1, Windows Vista Service Pack 2, Windows XP Service Pack 3
- 270 MB of available hard disk space
- Display: 1024x768 or higher resolution monitor
- Additional: Graphics hardware acceleration requires a DirectX 9.0c graphics card with 64 MB or more video memory. Product functionality and graphics may vary based on your system configuration.
- This download works with presentations created in the following Microsoft Office programs:
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2010
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2002
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2000
- Microsoft PowerPoint 97
To install this download:
Instructions for use:
- Download the file by clicking the Download button (above) and saving the file to your hard disk.
- Double-click the PowerPointViewer.exe program file on your hard disk to start the setup program.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
To remove this download:
- Once you have installed this download, from the Start menu under All Programs, open Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer.
Note PowerPoint Viewer registers with the .ppt, .pptx, .pptm, .pot, .potx, .potm, .pps, .ppsx and .ppsm file extensions only if a version of PowerPoint is not installed on your computer. If registered, double-clicking on these file types will launch PowerPoint Viewer.
To remove the download file
- On the Start menu, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- In the list of currently installed programs, select Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer, and then click Remove or Add/Remove.
- Click Yes or OK to confirm that you want to remove the program.
- Delete the file PowerPointViewer.exe.