Visual Studio Agents 2010 includes Test Controller 2010, Test Agent 2010 and Lab Agent 2010. Test Controller 2010 and Test Agent 2010 collectively enable scale-out load generation, distributed data collection, and distributed test execution. Lab Agent 2010 manages testing, workflow and network isolation for virtual machines used with Visual Studio Lab Management 2010.
Test Controller 2010
Each test controller is run as a service to manage one or more test agents by sending information to test agents about the task that the agent has to perform. Test Controller 2010 enables you to run tests on any machine that has a test agent installed on it and run tests on several machines at the same time. Use diagnostic data adapters to collect data or affect the test machine when the tests are run. In addition test controllers allow you to do this remotely when you create environments using Visual Studio Lab Management 2010.
Test Agent 2010
A Test Agent can be installed as a service or as an interactive process. When Test Agent is configured as part of the installation process, you can select how you want to run the agent. To run tests that interact with your desktop, such as coded UI tests, you configure the test agent as an interactive process.
Lab Agent 2010
Lab agents manage testing, workflow and network isolation capabilities for virtual machines that have been configured for Visual Studio Lab Management 2010. Install Lab Agent on virtual machines that are part of the Lab Environments. You can create and manage Lab Environments through Microsoft Test Manager 2010.
Supported Operating System
Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 R2 (32-Bit x86), Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 editions, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2, Windows Vista Service Pack 2, Windows XP Service Pack 3
- Windows XP (x86) with Service Pack 3 - all editions except Starter Edition
- Windows XP (x64) with Service Pack 2 - all editions except Starter Edition
- Windows Vista (x86 & x64) with Service Pack 1 - all editions except Starter Edition
- Windows 7 (x86 and x64)
- Windows Server 2003 (x86 & x64) with Service Pack 2
- Windows Server 2003 R2 (x86 and x64)
- Windows Server 2008 (x86 and x64) with Service Pack 2
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64)
- Supported Architectures:
- 32-Bit (x86)
- 64-Bit (x64) (WOW)
- Hardware Requirements:
- Computer that has a 1.6GHz or faster processor
- 1 GB RAM for x86
- 2 GB RAM for x64
- An additional 512 MB RAM if running in a Virtual Machine
- 3GB of available hard disk space
- 5400 RPM hard disk drive
- DirectX 9-capable video card that runs at 1024 x 768 or higher display resolution
- DVD-ROM Drive
- On this page, click Download to start the download.
- To save the download on your computer so that you can install it later, click Save.
- To cancel the installation, click Cancel.
- The CRC and SHA1 hash values of your downloaded ISO image should match these:
- CRC: 0x000cfa61
- SHA-1: 0xe7e0e89cbbe0d4f658686360894c00c40c28581c
- Use a hash extraction tool of your choice (several are available online for download) to compute the hash values.
- Choose one of the following options for handling downloaded ISO images:
- (Recommended) Write the image file to a blank DVD.
- (Alternative) Mount the image file virtually as DVD devices.
For more information about these options, see "What are ISO image files and how do I use them?" on the FAQ page.