"Oslo" is the code name for Microsoft’s next generation modeling platform. It consists of a modeling language, codename "M", a modeling tool, codename "Quadrant", a repository and a set of models that target specific domains.
"Oslo" is the code name for Microsoft’s next generation modeling platform. This CTP includes:
New in this CTP:
- "Quadrant" – a visual modeling tool
- "M" – a modeling language
- Repository – a SQL Server 2008 database to store models
- UML domain models and a loader to import UML diagrams in XMI format into the repository
- CLR domain models and a loader to import .NET assemblies into the repository
- The "Quadrant" modeling tool. Use Quadrant to browse and edit models in a repository database.
- Domain models for the UML 2.1 specification encompassing Use Case, Activity, Class, Sequence, Component diagrams, profiles and templates.
- An XMI importer supporting the 2.1 specifications, and covering the diagrams identified above.
- A domain model and loader for System.Runtime.
Supported Operating System
Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- Windows XP SP3 or above
- Windows Server 2003 R2, SP2 or above
- Windows Vista SP1 or above
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows 7 RC
- Supported Architectures:x86, x64 (WOW)
- Hardware Requirements:
- Minimum: 1.6 GHz CPU, 1GB RAM
- Recommended: 2.2 GHz CPU, 2GB RAM
Uninstalling previous versions of the CTP
To install the new CTP, you need to uninstall any previous CTP by doing the following:
Installing the new CTP
- Go to Add/Remove Programs and uninstall
- Microsoft Codename "Oslo" SDK CTP Setup Temporary Files
- Microsoft Codename "Oslo" Repository
- Microsoft Codename "Oslo" SDK
- Drop your existing Repository database
To optimize the experience, we strongly recommend that you install the latest updates and patches from Microsoft Update before you begin installing "Oslo".
You must have administrative rights on the computer to install “Oslo”. We recommend that you read the Readme before installing "Oslo".
- Download and install Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 SP1.
- Download and install Windows Installer 4.5.
- Download and install the "Oslo" CTP by clicking the appropriate link later on this page.
: Creating a repository and installing Quadrant requires SQL Server 2008 Express or above. SQL Server CE is not supported. If you install a SQL Server Express edition, we recommend SQL Server 2008 Express with Advanced Services.