This update contains several improvements to enhance stability and performance. In addition, this update includes fixes for vulnerabilities that an attacker can use to overwrite the contents of your computer's memory with malicious code.
This update contains several improvements to enhance stability and
performance. In addition, this update includes fixes for vulnerabilities that an
attacker can use to overwrite the contents of your computer's memory with
malicious code. For more information about this update, please visit the
Microsoft Web site.
Applies to: Office 2004 Standard Edition, Office 2004 Student and Teacher Edition, Office 2004 Professional Edition, Word 2004, Excel 2004, PowerPoint 2004, Entourage 2004.
Supported Operating System
Mac OS X
- Operating System Versions: Mac OS X 10.2.8 (Jaguar) or a later version of Mac OS
Before you install this update, make sure that the
Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.5.0 Update
is installed on your computer. To verify that you have installed this update,
select the Microsoft Component Plugin file in the Microsoft Office 2004/Office
folder on your hard disk, and then on the File menu, click Get Info.
Note To verify that your computer meets these minimum requirements, on the Apple menu, click About This Mac.
- Print this page if you want to use it as a reference when you are offline.
- Quit any applications that are running, including all Office applications, Microsoft Messenger, and Office Notifications, because they might interfere with the installation.
- Make sure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements.
- Click Download, or click the link for the language version that you want.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to save the file to your hard disk. If you are using Safari, the downloaded file is saved to the desktop unless you specified a different location in the Preferences dialog box of Safari. To check your preferences, on the Safari menu, click Preferences, and then click General.
- Double-click the file that you downloaded in step 5 to place the Office 2004
11.5.1 Update volume on your desktop, and then double-click the Office 2004
11.5.1 Update volume to open it. This step might have been performed for you.
- In the Office 2004 11.5.1 Update volume window, double-click the Office 2004
11.5.1 Update application to start the update process, and then follow the instructions on the screen.
- If the installation finishes successfully, you can remove the update installer from your hard disk. To verify that the installation finished successfully, see the file list section on the Microsoft Web site. To remove the update installer, first drag the Office 2004
11.5.1 Update volume to the Trash, and then drag the file that you downloaded to the Trash.
This update is also available from Microsoft AutoUpdate, an application that can automatically keep your Microsoft software up to date. To use AutoUpdate, open an Office application, and then on the Help
menu, click Check for Updates
To remove this update
This update does not include an uninstall feature. To restore your application to its original state, delete it from your hard disk, reinstall it from your original installation disk, and then install the updates that you want.
If you have trouble installing this update or using Office 2004 applications after you install this update, try the following:
- Restart your computer and try installing the update again.
- Make sure that the user account you use to authenticate the update installer is an administrator account. For more information about administrator accounts, see Mac Help.
- Make sure that you downloaded the correct language version of the update for your copy of Office.
- If you experience problems opening Office applications after you reinstall this update, restart your computer. If you continue to experience problems after you restart, reinstall Office from your Office 2004 CD-ROM, and then install this update again.
- Exchange folders that are not in your mailbox, such as delegated folders and public folders, are read-only unless the appropriate update is installed on the Exchange server. For more information, visit the Microsoft Web site at www.microsoft.com/mac.
For additional assistance, visit the Help and How-To section of the Microsoft Web site at www.microsoft.com/mac.