This training kit contains a complete set of materials that will enable you to learn the core developer capabilities in BizTalk Server 2010. This kit includes lab manuals, PowerPoint presentations and videos, all designed to help you learn about BizTalk Server 2010. There is also an option below to download a Virtual Machine that is ready for you to use with the training kit.
About This Hands-On Lab
This five-day instructor-led course consists of a series of hands-on labs that provides students with the knowledge and skills to develop applications using Microsoft BizTalk Server. The labs focus on how to work with schemas, maps, and pipelines; process flat files; implement transactions; integrate business rules; and more.
This course is intended for Developers who want to learn how to develop applications with BizTalk Server.
At Hands-On Lab Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Work with schemas, maps, and pipelines, and create flat file schemas.
- Configure a new FTP, HTTP and Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) adapter for BizTalk Server
- Use BizTalk Orchestration Designer to create and test a simple orchestration.
- Configure orchestration properties and variables, deploy an orchestration, and create and deploy a rule set and execute those rules from within an orchestration.
- Define, deploy, and map a BAM observation model.
- Use the deployment and management features in BizTalk Server
- Build a simple Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) service and client and configure BizTalk Server to use a WCF Adapter.
- Create a Microsoft .NET class library project that will contain a WCF Adapter.
- Deploy artifacts needed for processing certain EDI documents and for turning XML messages into EDI.
Supported Operating System
Windows Server 2008 R2
Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V is required to use the virtual machine included with this training kit.
In addition to the system requirements for Windows Server 2008 R2 as described in the release notes, a 64-bit system with hardware-assisted virtualization enabled and data execution prevention (DEP) is required.
It is also recommended to ensure that you have a clean install of x64 edition of Windows Server 2008 R2 to be able to use the Hyper-V technology.
Prerequisites, installation steps, OS recommendations, and known issues of Hyper-V can be found here
An import utility is included with the training kit. To use the import utility, the .NET Framework 4 must be installed on the host OS.
The lab manuals, PowerPoint presentations and videos can be viewed on the following operating systems:
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2
- Windows Vista Service Pack 2
In order to use this evaluation package you will need to have Microsoft Hyper-V installed on a physical machine.
Hyper-V is available on Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2. This virtual machine requires Hyper-V on Windows Server 2008 R2. Details on how to install Hyper-V can be found here. Details of how to setup the VHD are included in the documentation that accompanies the product.
In the Setup folder there is an application that will add all the VMs into Hyper-V. The app does this while maintaining only a single copy of the base images. To install, open a command promt with the "Run as Administrator" option and change directory to the setup folder. The import will fail if you do not run the command prompt with this option. Then run the command:
importVM.exe full path to base image
For example, if the root of the labs is c:\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2010 Training, then the command would be:
importVM.exe "C:\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2010 Training\VM\common\BizTalk2010Demo.vhd"
Enter the username “ADVENTUREWORKS\Administrator” and password “pass@word1” to login.
The lab videos are provided in four downloads:
- BizTalkDevCourseVideos01-05.exe contains the videos for labs 1 - 5
- BizTalkDevCourseVideos06-10.exe contains the videos for labs 6 - 10
- BizTalkDevCourseVideos11-15.exe contains the videos for labs 11 - 15
- BizTalkDevCourseVideos16-19.exe contains the videos for labs 16 - 19