The Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 Best Practices Analyzer is designed for administrators who want to determine the overall health of their Office Communications Server servers and topology.
The Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 Best Practices Analyzer Tool is a diagnostic tool that gathers configuration information from a Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 and 2007 R2 environments and determines whether the configuration is set according to Microsoft best practices. You can install the tool on a client computer that runs Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0, or on a server that runs Office Communications Server.
Note: Although you can install the Office Communications Server 2007 Best Practices Analyzer directly on the computer that runs Office Communications Server 2007 or 2007 R2 Server, we recommend that you install and run this tool on a client computer. The Office Communications Server 2007 or Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Administrative Tools should also be installed locally on the client computer so that the BPA can collect a full set of data. Refer to technet.microsoft.com/en-us/ee817586.aspx for instruction on installing the Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Administrative Tools locally on a 32-bit client operating system.
The tool uses a set of configuration files to gather information from the Office Communications Server 2007 or 2007 R2 environment. It compares this data against a set of pre-defined rules for Office Communications Server, and reports potential issues. For every issue reported, the tool provides the current configuration in the Office Communications Server environment, and the recommended configuration.
With the proper network access, the tool can examine your Active Directory and Office Communications Server 2007 or 2007 R2 servers to do the following:
- Proactively perform health checks, verifying that the configuration is set according to recommended best practices
- Generate a list of issues, such as suboptimal configuration settings or unsupported or not recommended options
- Judge the general health of a system
- Help troubleshoot specific problems
- Prompt you to download updates if they are available
- Provide online and local documentation about reported issues, including troubleshooting tips
- Generate configuration information that can be captured for later review
Supported Operating System
Windows Server 2003
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
- Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 Administrative Tools
- This download works with the following Office program:
- Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2
- Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 on Windows Server 2003 SP1
- Microsoft Office Live Communications Server 2005 with SP1 on Windows Server 2003 (NOTE: Only limited data collection and analysis is available when using the tool against Office Live Communications Server 2005 with SP1)
To install this download:
Instructions for use:
- Download the file by clicking the Download button (above) and saving the file to your hard disk.
- Double-click the RTCBPA.msi program file on your hard disk to start the Setup program.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
After you install this download, refer to the documentation for instructions.
To remove this download:
To remove the download file, delete the file RTCBPA.msi
- On the Start menu, point to Settings and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- In the list of currently installed programs, select Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 Best Practices Analyzer and then click Remove or Add/Remove. If a dialog box appears, follow the instructions to remove the program.
- Click Yes or OK to confirm that you want to remove the program.