This add-in enables you to embed Creative Commons licenses directly into (2003 & XP) Word, PowerPoint, and Excel documents. Note: NEW Office 2007 Add-in is available, that link can be found below in "Related Resources"
This add-in for Office 2003 & XP enables you to embed a Creative Commons license into a document that you create using the popular applications: Microsoft Office Word, Microsoft Office PowerPoint, or Microsoft Office Excel. With a Creative Commons license, authors can express their intentions regarding how their works may be used by others.
The add-in downloads the Creative Commons license you designate from the Creative Commons Web site and inserts it directly into your creative work. Creative Commons supports a number of languages.
To learn more about Creative Commons, please visit its web site, www.creativecommons.org. To learn more about the choices among the Creative Commons licenses, see http://creativecommons.org/about/licenses/meet-the-licenses.
Microsoft Office productivity applications are the most widely used personal productivity applications in the world, and Microsoft’s goal is to enhance the user’s experience with those applications. Empowering Microsoft Office users to express their intentions through Creative Commons licenses is another way Microsoft enables users around the world to exercise their creative freedom while being clear about the rights granted to users of a creative work. In the past, it has not always been easy or obvious to understand the intentions of some authors or artists regarding distribution or use of their intellectual creations.
This add-in is made available through a partnership among Creative Commons, Microsoft, and 3Sharp, LLC, an independent solution provider.
The Creative Commons Add-in is an unsupported technology preview, however we welcome your feedback and input. Please send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Supported Operating System
Windows Server 2003, Windows XP
- This download works with the following Office programs:
- Microsoft Office Excel 2003
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003
- Microsoft Office Word 2003
- Microsoft Excel 2002
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2002
- Microsoft Word 2002
- The following is also required:
- Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1
To install this download:
Note: You must close all Microsoft Office programs before installing this add-in.
Instructions for use:
- Download the file by clicking the Download link (above) and saving the file to your hard disk.
- Close all Microsoft Office applications, including Microsoft Office Outlook, before proceeding.
- Double-click the ccsetup.exe program file on your hard disk to start the setup program.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
Once you have installed this download, use your Office program as you normally would. This add-in adds additional functionality to the File
This application requires Internet access in order to connect to the Creative Commons Web site. As a result, you might experience a slight delay when using the add-in.
To remove this download:
- On the Start menu, point to Settings and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- In the list of currently installed programs, select Creative Commons Add-in and then click Remove or Add/Remove. If a dialog box appears, follow the instructions to remove the program.
- Click Yes or OK to confirm that you want to remove the program.