With this add-in, you can use Microsoft Word 2000/XP/2003 to create your own Microsoft Reader eBooks. Microsoft Reader makes on-screen reading more like reading a printed book, while adding active reading capabilities.
With the Word 2000/XP/2003 Add-in: Read in Microsoft Reader (RMR) 1.1.3, you can use Microsoft Word 2000, Microsoft Word XP, or Microsoft Word 2003 to create your own Microsoft Reader eBooks. Microsoft Reader makes on-screen reading more like reading a printed book, while adding active reading capabilities, instant access to content, and storage of a personal library. You can use this add-in to convert new or existing Word documents, letting you benefit from the features and convenience of Microsoft Reader.
Note In order to receive the full functionality of the Read in Microsoft Reader add-in, it is recommended that you install Microsoft Reader.
RMR 1.1.3 is an update that enables conversion support for Word 2003.
To learn more about Microsoft Reader, visit the Microsoft Reader Web site.
Detailed System Requirements
The following is required to use the RMR 1.1 add-in:
- Microsoft Word 2000, Microsoft Word XP or Microsoft Word 2003
- Pentium 75 or higher microprocessor
- Microsoft Windows XP, 2000 Professional, 2000 Server, NT version 4.0, or 98 operating system
- 16 megabytes (MB) RAM
- Approximately 1 MB of free hard disk space
- Microsoft Internet Explorer version 4.01 with Service Pack 1 or later
- VGA or higher resolution monitor, and video card capable of displaying 16-bit or better colors
- Microsoft mouse or compatible pointing device
Supported Operating System
Windows 2000 Service Pack 4, Windows 98 Second Edition, Windows ME, Windows NT, Windows XP
- This download works with the following Office applications:
Instructions for use:
- You may want to print this page to use as a reference when you are offline.
- Download the file from this page by clicking the Download link above and following the instructions in the dialog boxes.
- Double-click the WordRMR.exe program file on your hard disk to start the setup program.
- During the installation of the Read in Microsoft Reader add-in, you may be prompted to restart your computer. Be sure to do so. After the restart, the installation will continue.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
To remove this download:
- Start Microsoft Word.
You will see a Microsoft Reader icon on the Word toolbar and a Readcommand on the File menu.
- After opening a document in Word, use either the icon or the Read command to convert to Microsoft Reader format.
- On the Start menu, point to Settings and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- In the list of currently installed programs, select Read in Microsoft Reader and then click Remove or Add/Remove. If a dialog box appears, follow the instructions to remove the program.
- Click Yes or OK to confirm that you want to remove the program.