Component Checker utility has been upgraded to provide broader support on Windows Platform. The upgraded tool now is able to generate snapshots for MDAC on all supported Service Packs of Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.
The Component Checker tool is designed to help you determine installed version information and diagnose installation issues with the Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC). MDAC is installed with numerous Microsoft products and can also be redistributed using the redistribution program (mdac_typ.exe) that you can download from the MSDN Data Access and Storage Developer Center. Windows XP SP2 or later versions of Windows also installs MDAC as an ‘out of box’ system component of the Windows operating system. Since MDAC in Windows XP SP2 or later is newer than the version (MDAC 2.8 SP1) in the last MDAC redistribution program, mdac_typ.exe no longer installs MDAC on Windows XP SP2 and later version. For more information about MDAC history and supportability please visit Data Access Technologies Road Map
Component Checker performs the following tasks:
- Identifies the current MDAC installation on a computer.
- Creates a series of reports about the files identified for the current MDAC installation.
This version of Component Checker utility has been upgraded to provide broader support on the Windows Platform. New features that have been added to the tool include ability to generate snapshots for MDAC on recently released Service Packs of Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 (e.g.Windows XP SP3 and Windows Server 2003 SP2) and support for 64-bit Windows OS.
The upgraded version of Component Checker checks for the following versions of MDAC:
- MDAC 2.1 SP2
- MDAC 2.5
- MDAC 2.5 SP1
- MDAC 2.5 SP2
- MDAC 2.5 SP3 on Windows 2000 SP3
- MDAC 2.5 SP3 on Windows 2000 SP4
- MDAC 2.6
- MDAC 2.6 SP1
- MDAC 2.6 SP2
- MDAC 2.6 SP2 Refresh
- MDAC 2.7
- MDAC 2.7 Refresh
- MDAC 2.7 SP1
- MDAC 2.7 SP1 Refresh
- MDAC 2.7 SP1 on Windows XP SP1
- MDAC 2.8
- MDAC 2.8 SP1 Redistribution
- MDAC 2.8 SP2 on Windows XP SP1 x64 Edition
- MDAC 2.8 SP1 on Windows XP SP2 (x86 , x64 Editions)
- MDAC 2.8 SP1 on Windows XP SP3
- MDAC 2.8 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 SP1(x86, x64 , Itanium-based Editions)
- MDAC 2.8 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 SP2(x86, x64 , Itanium-based Editions)
Supported Operating System
Windows 2000 Service Pack 4, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 for Itanium-based Systems, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 for Itanium-based Systems, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 x64 Edition, Windows XP 64-bit, Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows XP Service Pack 3
- Click the Download button on this page to start the download.
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
- To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk.