Registration takes only a few moments and allows Microsoft to provide you with the latest resources relevant to your interests, including service packs, security notices, and training. Please click the Continue button. Registration is suggested for this download:
This update to System Center Essentials 2007 includes many improvements in functionality as well as an increase in the number of supported configurations.
Essentials 2007 provides a single solution with a single console for managing your servers, clients, hardware, software, and IT services for a more unified experience. This unified user experience simplifies the complexity inherent in using multiple IT management tools or tools specifically designed for Enterprise IT environments. Also, using the same central console from which you monitor your IT environment you can assess, configure and deploy updates, plus install software to groups and computers you want to target.
Feature Bullet Summary:
System Center Essentials 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1) incorporates the following the improvements and major changes in functionality.
For a complete list of fixes and changes that are included in Essentials 2007 SP1 please see: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=110536.
• Support for managing workgroup-joined computers
• Support for monitoring SNMPv1 network devices
• Support for using multiple auto-approval rules in update management
• Support for using a remote SQL Server 2005 instance on a computer with a different architecture (x86 or x64) than that of the computer running the Essentials 2007 management server
• Support for running the Essentials 2007 management server, console and agent on computers running Windows Server 2008 within 90 days of the release of Essentials 2007 SP1. Management packs for Windows Server 2008 and its role will be available shortly after the release of Windows Server 2008.
• Improved backup and disaster recovery guidance
• Improvements in management pack quality
• Improvements in performance, usability, and supportability
Supported Operating System
Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition (32-Bit x86), Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition (32-bit x86)
12 GB of free disk space (20 GB to store updates locally)
CPU is x86 or x64-based, at least 2.0 GHz
1 GB of RAM (2 GB recommended)
Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.80.1022.0 or later
.NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0
Managed Computer Requirements
Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional SP4
Windows Vista, Business, Enterprise or Ultimate Edition
Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2, 32-bit and 64-bit
Windows XP Tablet PC Edition (SP2 or later)
Virtual clients with above operating systems
Microsoft Windows 2000 Server SP4
Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP4
Windows Server 2003 Web Edition (SP1 or later)
Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003, Standard or Premium Edition (R2)
Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Standard or Enterprise Edition, x86 or x64 (SP 1 or later)
Virtual servers with above operating systems
The Essentials 2007 SP1 upgrade package can only be used to upgrade Essentials 2007 RTM Retail, OEM and Select SKU installations. The localized SP1 upgrade package can only be used to upgrade the same language of Essentials 2007 RTM. To install the Essentials 2007 upgrade package, review the setup documentation and the readme file
, then download the upgrade package and install according to the documentation.