Language packs enable creation of sites and site collections in multiple languages without requiring separate installations of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, Microsoft Office Project Server 2007, Microsoft Office Forms Server 2007, and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 for Search.
Language packs enable creation of sites and site collections in multiple languages without requiring separate installations of SharePoint Server 2007, Project Server 2007, Forms Server 2007, and SharePoint Server 2007 for Search. Multiple language packs can be installed on the same server. Application of a Language Pack will not change the language of the installed Microsoft Office server product SKU, or the language of the administrative features.
- You do not need to download a language pack for the language you installed, these language packs are to support creation of additional languages.
- 2007 Office System Language Packs are available on the Download Center for trial purposes. If you use the language packs with a fully licensed copy of SharePoint Server 2007, Project Server 2007, Forms Server 2007, and SharePoint Server 2007 for Search, please ensure that you do so within the terms of your Volume Licensing Agreement, as restrictions may apply — Learn more about Microsoft Volume Licensing programs.
Supported Operating System
Windows Server 2003
- This download works with the following Office programs:
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
- Microsoft Office Project Server 2007
- Microsoft Office Forms Server 2007
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 for Search
To install this download:
Install a language pack:
- Download the file by clicking the Download button (above) and saving the file to your hard disk.
- Extract the CD image and run the setup program.
- On the Read the Microsoft Software License Terms page, review the terms, select the I accept the terms of this agreement check box, and then click Continue.
- On the Installation Types page, click Basic.
- The setup wizard runs and installs the language pack.
- Rerun the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard, using the default settings.
If you do not run the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard after you install a language pack, the language pack will not be installed properly.
Rerun the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard:
Instructions for use:
- Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard.
- On the Welcome to SharePoint Products and Technologies page, click Next.
- Click Yes in the dialog box that alerts you that some services might need to be restarted during configuration.
- On the Modify Server Farm Settings page, click Do not disconnect from this server farm, and then click Next.
- If the Modify SharePoint Central Administration Web Administration Settings page appears, do not modify any of the default settings, and then click Next.
- On the Completing the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard page, click Next.
- On the Configuration Successful page, click Finish.
The language-specific site templates are installed in the \Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\template\number directory, where number is the Language ID for the language that you are installing. For example, the US English language pack installs to the \Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\template\1033 directory. After you install a language pack, site owners and site collection administrators can create sites and site collections based on the language-specific site templates by specifying a language when they are creating a new SharePoint site or site collection.
For more usage information, visit the Deploy SharePointServer 2007 Language Packs
To remove this download:
- On the Start menu, point to Settings and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- In the list of currently installed programs, select SharePoint Language Pack and then click Remove or Add/Remove. If a dialog box appears, follow the instructions to remove the program.
- Click Yes or OK to confirm that you want to remove the program.