To install this download:
Instructions for use:
- Download the file by clicking the Download button (above) and saving the file to your hard disk.
- Double-click the PWA11ENU.EXE program file on your hard disk to start the Setup program.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
You can install Project Web Access Active X controls on client workstations manually if your organization operates in a locked-down environment in which users cannot install OCX controls.
To install Active X controls on client computers, you must copy the controls to and register the controls on the client computers. You need to have administrative access on the computers on which you will be registering these controls.The following list describes the controls that you must copy and register.
Active X Controls:
- pj11xxxc.dll (where xxx is the abbreviation for your language) Contains strings and bitmaps used by the grid and the text converter.
- pjres11c.dll Loads strings and bitmaps from the resource dynamic-link libraries (DLLs).
- pjtextconv11.dll Converts raw numeric data into strings, and vice-versa.
- pjcalendar11.ocx Provides a drop-down calendar for picking dates.
- pjgrid11.ocx Displays task details, the timesheet, and the Gantt Chart.
- pjoutlook11.ocx Pulls task and calendar entries from Microsoft Outlook and converts them into Active X Data Objects (ADO) record sets that the grid can interpret. This control warns the user before it reads data from Outlook. It cannot be used to access Outlook information without the user being aware. Note that PjOutlook.ocx is marked as unsafe for scripting.
- pjprint11.dll Provides print control.
- pjquery11.ocx Acts as a general-purpose control for all miscellaneous client utility functions.
- pjupdate11.ocx Updates tasks and calendar entries from Project Web Access to the Project Server database.
- pjoffline11.ocx Caches pages for offline use when users switch to offline mode.
Because there are no specific installation directory requirements, you can copy these controls to any directory on the client computer; however, you must register them by using the Regsvr32 tool (Regsvr32.exe). You must register these controls in the order listed above.
If you are installing the Project Web Access Active X controls for multiple languages, you must also include the file pj11xxxc.dll (where xxx is the abbreviation for your language) for each language in the same directory in which you install the other controls. You must register each of these files by using Regsvr32.exe.
You can deploy the files manually or by using an automated deployment tool such as Systems Management Server (SMS). For more information about SMS, see the Microsoft Systems Management Server site
. You only need to install the controls once on each computer in order for all users of the computer to have access to them. If you need to uninstall these controls at any time, you can use Regsvr32.exe to uninstall them.
To remove this download:
To remove the download file, delete the file PWA11ENU.EXE
To remove the control files, delete the following files: