The MSDN® Library is an essential resource of information for developers using Microsoft® tools, products, and technologies.
MSDN Library provides access to essential programming information, including technical reference documentations, white papers, software development kits and code samples necessary to develop web services and applications. This is an updated version of the MSDN Library for Visual Studio 2008 and this library contains Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1 documentation.
Updated content sets in MSDN Library for Visual Studio 2008 SP1 include:
- Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1 documentation
- Visual Studio 2008 general documentation updates
- Windows Developer documentation updates
Supported Operating System
Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows XP Service Pack 2
- Minimum: 1.6GHz CPU, 384MB RAM, 800x600 Display, 4200 RPM HD
- Recommended: 2.2GHZ CPU, 1024MB RAM, 1280x1024 Display, 7200 RPM HD
- Running on Windows Vista: 2.4GHz CPU, 768 MB RAM
- 1.6 GB of available hard-disk space on installation drive for Minimum install type
- 2.5 GB available hard-disk space on installation drive for Full install type
- MSDN Library is integrated with Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Help by default and is integrated into the F1 Help function. However, the MSDN Library can also be installed and viewed as a stand-alone reference, and does not require Visual Studio 2008.
- Concurrent installations of the Visual Studio Express Library and the MSDN Library for Visual Studio 2008 SP1 on the same computer will cause content redundancy, including duplicate search hits. If the Visual Studio Express Library has already been installed on your computer, please uninstall it before beginning installation of the MSDN Library for Visual Studio 2008 SP1.
1. Choose one of the following options:
a. Download the single iso image available on this page and save it to your hard drive in a temporary directory.
b. Download the four smaller packages (one .exe and three .rar files) below and save them to your hard drive in a temporary directory. After that, double-click on the exe file to extract the iso image to your directory.
Follow the ISO handling instructions below.
Options for handling downloaded ISO Images.
Following 2 options are available for DVD image handling.
1. Write the image file to blank DVD (Recommended)
2. Mount image file virtually as DVD devices.
For details of the options listed above, see "What are ISO image files and how do I use them?" topic available on this FAQ page.
1. On the DVD, locate Setup.exe and double click to initiate installation.
2. Follow the Setup Wizard instructions to completion.
3. After the setup process has completed, the MSDN Library can be accessed through Start--> Programs-->Microsoft Developer Network-->MSDN Library for Visual Studio 2008 SP1