Installing UCMA 3.0 Runtime and Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Components
This section describes how to install the UCMA 3.0 Runtime and Microsoft Lync Server 2010 components.
Installing UCMA 3.0 Runtime
You must have elevated permissions to install UCMA 3.0 Runtime. A reboot is required to install and enable Windows Media Format after UCMA 3.0 Runtime setup is finished.
To install UCMA 3.0 Runtime
- Download UcmaRuntimeSetup.exe.
- Launch UcmaRuntimeSetup.exe and follow the screens to accept the End-User License Agreement (EULA). The setup wizard will install all the necessary components.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
: UcmaRuntimeSetup.exe installs the English versions of the Speech Recognition and Text-to-Speech engines. The final screen of the installer provides a link that can be used to download additional engines for other languages.
: Additional steps are required to install Microsoft Lync Server 2010, Core Components (OCSCore.msi). These steps are described later in this topic.
UCMA 3.0 Runtime Components
UcmaRuntimeSetup.exe installs the following components.
- Microsoft VC ++ 2008 Redistributable -x64 9.0.30729.4148 package
- Microsoft Unified Communications Managed API 3.0 Runtime is built on .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x64).
- Microsoft Server Speech Platform Runtime (x64) package
- Microsoft Server Speech Recognition Language - TELE (en-US)
- Microsoft Server Speech Text To Speech Voice (en-US, Helen)
- Windows Media Format Runtime
- Windows Media Format Runtime must be present if you use UCMA 3.0 to develop applications that play or record media.
- Bootstrapper Prerequisites Installer Package
- Copies Lync Server 2010 Core Components MSI (OCSCore.msi) and its prerequisites. OCSCore.msi enables running Communications Server-specific PowerShell cmdlets from the local computer. OCSCore.msi also enables the installation of the local Central Management Store replica, which is required by auto-provisioned UCMA applications.
: Side-by-side installations of UCMA 2.0 and UCMA 3.0 are not supported.
Installing Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Components
OCSCore.msi does not have a redistribution license. It must be installed either by using Bootstrapper Prerequisites Installer Package installed by UcmaRuntimeSetup.exe (recommended) or by installing the Admin Tools available on the Communications Server DVD.
To install Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Core Components
- Confirm that Microsoft PowerShell 2.0 RTM is installed on the deployment computer.
- Windows Server 2008 SP 2
Windows Server 2008 R2
- This operating system version comes with PowerShell 1.0. Install PowerShell 2.0 by applying KB968930.
- If you have a CTP version of PowerShell/WinRM, you must uninstall it in order to use Lync Server Management Shell. Pkgmgr.exe can be used to perform uninstallation using the following command. start /w pkgmgr.exe /uu:MicrosoftWindowsPowerShell.
- This operating system version comes with PowerShell 2.0. Enable the Windows PowerShell 2.0 feature using Server Manager.
- This operating system version comes with PowerShell 2.0.
Find OCSCore.msi by navigating to %Installation drive%\ProgramData\Microsoft\Lync Server 2010\Deployment\cache\[Build version]\Setup\.
- Install PowerShell 2.0 by applying KB968930.
: By default, the ProgramData folder is hidden, so it might not appear in Windows Explorer.
Launch OCSCore.msi and use the default settings in the wizard.
For information about activating a UCMA application, see “Activating a UCMA 3.0 Core Trusted Application” in the Unified Managed API 3.0 Core SDK documentation.
Uninstalling UCMA 3.0 Runtime and Bootstrapper Prerequisites Installer
When a customer application is uninstalled, the application uninstall procedure must not automatically uninstall any of the required components (such as .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1, Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package, or UCMA 3.0 Runtime), because other applications might require them. An administrator who has ensured that there are no dependencies can follow the instructions in the following procedure to uninstall UCMA 3.0 Runtime.
To uninstall UCMA 3.0 Runtime and Bootstrapper Prerequisites Installer
- Navigate to Programs and Features in Control Panel.
- On the right-click menu for the Microsoft Unified Communications Managed API 3.0, Runtime entry, select Uninstall.
- A wizard titled "Unified Communications Managed API 3.0, Runtime Uninstallation" appears. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete uninstallation.
- On the right-click menu for the Lync Server 2010, Bootstrapper Prerequisites Installer Package entry, select Uninstall to remove the installer package.
: Uninstalling the Bootstrapper Prerequisites Installer Package does not automatically uninstall software components that are individually installed by the user, such as Lync Server 2010 Core Components (OCSCore.msi) and others.