The Date and Phone Number smart tags recognize most date and phone number formats in Microsoft Office Word 2003, Microsoft Office Excel 2003, and Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003.
The Date and Phone Number smart tags recognize most date and phone number formats in Word 2003, Excel 2003, and PowerPoint 2003. These smart tags support date and phone number formats of the following countries:
- United Kingdom
Note: If you have installed the United States date recognizer, some short-format dates, in the dd/mm/yyyy format, may be displayed incorrectly. For example, 03/08/2004 may be incorrectly recognized as March 8th, 2004. You must manually correct these errors.
Supported Operating System
Windows 2000 Service Pack 3, Windows 2000 Service Pack 4, Windows XP
- This download works with the following Office programs:
- Microsoft Office Word 2003
- Microsoft Office Excel 2003
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003
To install this download:
Instructions for use:
- Download the file by clicking the Download button (above) and saving the file to your hard disk.
- Double-click the Date_Phone_st.exe program file on your hard disk to start the Setup program.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
After you install this download, proceed with the following steps to start and use the smart tags:
To remove this download:
- Start your Office 2003 program.
- On the Tools menu, select AutoCorrect Options, and then click the Smart Tags tab.
- Verify that the following checkboxes are selected:
- Label text with Smart Tags
- Show Smart Tag Actions buttons
- Select one or both of the following checkboxes:
Note Currently, only Word 2003 supports the Phone Number smart tag.
- Date (Smart tag lists)
- Telephone Number (Smart tag lists)
- Click OK and proceed to use your smart tags:
- Type a date or telephone number in your Office 2003 program and press either the space bar or the return key. Your text will be underlined with blue dots to indicate that smart tag text is recognized.
- To work with your new smart tag text, move your mouse cursor over the number and then click on the smart tag icon that appears over the text.
- On the Start menu, point to Settings and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- In the list of currently installed programs, select Microsoft Date and Phone Number XML Smart Tags and then click Remove or Add/Remove. If a dialog box appears, follow the instructions to remove the program.
- Click Yes or OK to confirm that you want to remove the program.