If you are using Visio 2000 (SR-1) or an earlier version and you have never installed the Crime Scenes solution before, or if you have the 1995 version of the solution, install this add-in.
You need this download if:
- You have never installed the Crime Scenes solution before.
- You have the 1995 version of the Crime Scenes solution.
If you are using Visio 2000 (SR-1) or an earlier version and you have never installed the Crime Scenes solution before, or if you have the 1995 version of the solution, install this add-in. For users of the earlier version, this add-in improves the installation process and makes the solution's templates and stencils accessible through the New command on the File menu and in the Choose Drawing Type dialog box.
Supported Operating System
Windows 2000, Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows NT
- This download works with the following Office applications:
- You may want to print this page to use as a reference when you are offline.
- Download the file from this page by clicking the Download link toward the top of this page.
- If you choose Save this program to disk, choose a location for storing the file (CrimeScenes.exe) on your computer, and then go to step 4 below.
If you choose Run this program from its current location, go directly to step 5 below.
- When the download is complete, locate CrimeScenes.exe using Windows Explorer and double-click it.
- Click , and then click
- Locate the file CrimeScenes.exe in the folder C:\Crime Scenes, and then double-click it. Click to install the Crime Scenes solution.
If the installer can't locate the Visio folder on your computer where it installs the Crime Scenes files, click Browse to manually locate the folder.Files installed with the Crime Scenes update
Visio product folder
Crime Scenes Readme.txt
Solutions License Agreement.txt
Visio\Solutions\Crime Scenes folder
Crimehlp.hlpInstructions for use
After you install the update, you can take advantage of the features included in the Microsoft Visio Crime Scenes solution by starting your Visio product and then opening the Crime Scenes solution.
To remove this download:
- In Microsoft Windows, click , point to , and then click Microsoft Visio
- In the Welcome to Visio dialog box, click Create new drawing, and then click
- In the Choose Drawing Type dialog box, click Crime Scenes, choose the type of site you want, and then click
- On the menu, point to , and then choose Control Panel. Double-click Add/Remove Programs
- Select Crime Scenes SmartShapes (R) Solution, and then click