Microsoft® Lync™ Phone Edition for Polycom® CX700 and LG-Nortel IP Phone 8540 is the next generation of software designed for the phones from Polycom and LG-Nortel to interoperate with Microsoft® Lync™ Server 2010 or Microsoft® Lync™ Server 2013. Lync Phone Edition provides traditional and advanced telephony features, integrated security, manageability and much more.
This download was originally released on January 20, 2011. For a complete list of fixes and changes in this latest version, please see KB article 2918036.
Microsoft® Lync™ Phone Edition enables users to make calls and receive calls from PBX, PSTN, VoIP or soft- phones inside or outside company firewalls. It offers all the functionality of traditional phones plus more. Read on for a brief description of some of the main features.
- Easy sign-in
- Sign in to the phone from the computer when you sign into the Lync client.
- Calendar integration
- View today’s calendar and if they were scheduled using Microsoft® Lync™ 2010 or Microsoft® Lync™ 2013, join those meetings with a single click.
- Search for and call people in the company’s global address list (GAL) without needing to look up phone numbers.
- View the presence for contacts.
- Easily place calls to contacts, transfer calls, and conference in callers. Transfer calls to your mobile phone with a single click.
- View and play individual voice mails with a single touch.
- Integration with Lync on the computer
- Click a contact or phone number in your Lync contact list to place a call using the Lync Phone Edition phone. Call controls are synchronized on both the phone and Lync on the computer. If your computer is configured with a webcam, add video with a single click.
- Support for advanced Lync voice features
- Branch Office Resiliency support
- Call Park Service support
- Location for Emergency Services call
- Bandwidth Management support
- Malicious Call Reporting support
- Private-line Incoming Call support
- Superior audio quality
- Latency, audio quality and call setup time have all been improved. When audio quality deteriorates, you will receive alerts explaining the reason.
Supported Operating System
Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2
This download can be extracted on computers running the latest versions of Window Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows XP (x86/64), Windows Vista (x86/64), Windows 7 (x86/x64) and Windows 8 (x86/x64).
Requirements to run the extracted software:
- Supported phone hardware - Polycom® CX700 and LG-Nortel IP Phone 8540
- Microsoft Lync Server 2010 or Microsoft Lync Server 2013