For more information about the validation process, click here.
PowerToys are additional programs that developers work on after a product has been released to manufacturing. They add fun and functionality to your amazing Windows experiences. Note that this download is not supported by Microsoft Product Support Services.
PowerToys are additional programs that developers work on after a product has been released to manufacturing. They add fun and functionality to your amazing Windows experiences.
Windows XP Video Screen Saver PowerToy
The Windows XP Screen Saver PowerToy makes it easy to play any Windows Media Video or series of videos (such as home movies created with Windows Movie Maker 2) as your Windows XP screen saver.
Windows XP Desktop Wallpaper Changer PowerToy
Make your computer desktop more dynamic, interactive, useful, and fun. The Wallpaper Changer PowerToy allows your desktop wallpaper to change automatically. It also lets you choose which images to display. Select the folder of images to display as a slide show and set the display interval to change wallpaper every few minutes, hours, or days. The simple intuitive interface is easily available from the system tray.
Note: This Download Is Not Supported
We've taken great care to ensure that this download will operate as it should. But note that it is not officially supported by Microsoft and is thus available to you "as is." Microsoft Technical Support is unable to answer questions about this download.
Supported Operating System
- Windows XP Home Edition or Windows XP Professional
- A 350-megahertz (MHz) processor
- 64 megabytes (MB) of RAM
- 300 MB of free hard disk space
- VGA video resolution monitor
- CD-ROM or DVD drive, keyboard, Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
- An Internet connection may be required for some features
- Windows XP–compatible sound card and speakers or headphones
- 256-color video card
- 3-D graphics acceleration and 16 MB or more of video memory is required for some features. The video adapter must be compatible with Windows XP. Please see the below recommended system configuration for more information.
Note: You can confirm that your video adapter is compatible with Windows XP by reviewing the Hardware Compatibility List (HCL) page at the Microsoft Windows Hardware Quality Labs Web site. Type the video adapter manufacturer name in the Search box, and then select Display from the list of hardware types.
Recommended System Configuration
- A 500 MHz or faster processor
- 128 MB or higher of RAM
- Super VGA (800 × 600) or higher video resolution monitor
- A video display adapter with hardware 3-D graphics acceleration and 16 MB or more of video memory, including the following:
- Matrox G400 and G450
- Trident BladeXP 128
- 3Dlabs Permedia 3
- Video cards using the ATI Radeon and Rage 128 chipsets
- Video cards using the NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 and GeForce chipsets
If you are using a video adapter containing the ATI or NVIDIA chipsets, we recommend you download and install the latest video card software drivers from the manufacturer's Web site.
- Click the Download link to start the download.
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
- To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk.