The Microsoft® Office Project 2003 Software Development Kit (SDK) contains documentation, tools, and samples called Solution Starters to help customize Project 2003, and to extend Microsoft Office Project Server 2003 and integrate with other applications.
The Microsoft Office Project 2003 SDK is designed for solution providers, value-added resellers, and other developers to help customize Project 2003, and to extend and integrate Project Server 2003 with other applications for Enterprise Project Management. It features articles, programming references, tools, and sample code, including extensive articles called Solution Starters.
What's New in January 2005 update of the Project 2003 SDK download:
- The Project Server to ERP Connector Solution Starter documentation is updated for the following SAP® solutions: the mySAP™ Human Capital Management and the Financials subsystems.
- Project Guide 101 explains why the Project custom protocols don't work with Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2).
Microsoft Office Project 2003 SDK contents:
Project Client Development sections include articles, samples and references that work with Project Professional and Project Standard; they do not require the use of Project Server.
- Creating COM Add-ins for Project provides guidance and samples for creating Microsoft Office Project COM add-ins. The samples use Microsoft Visual C#® and Visual Basic 6.0.
- Project Guide 101 shows how to design and develop custom Project Guides and custom views, and includes five samples.
- Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) reference includes the Project object model and an update to the built-in VBA Help in Project.
- XML Schema Reference is included with the Project SDK for convenience. It is also installed with Project.
- Extracting Timephased Data shows how to use data from an ODBC database for Project. This sample can also be used with Project Server.
Solution Starters provide extensive documentation and working applications with source code that show how to build and install extensions to integrate other applications with Project Server. Some of the Solution Starters use components developed with the Project Data Service (PDS), and source code for PDS Extenders.
Following are the Solution Starters:
- BizTalk Server Workflow Solution Starter integrates timesheet data using Microsoft BizTalk® Server with Project Server to enable quick changes in business workflow processes. The sample includes PDS Extenders that synchronize timesheet management between BizTalk and Project Server.
- Project Server to Siebel Solution Starter integrates Project Server with the Siebel CRM (Customer Relationship Management) application. The sample includes a PDS Extender to generate projects in Project Server 2003 from sales opportunity and resource data in Siebel, a Siebel Business Service extension to synchronize Siebel with data from Project Server.
- OLAP Extensions Solution Starter shows how to extend the Portfolio Analyzer cube and add views. Samples include adding a pay period dimension, and extensions for task issues and risks and task earned value. These extensions help project managers analyze and report the earned value and evaluate risks across a project portfolio.
- Enterprise Reporting Solution Starter describes the recommended way to implement enterprise rollup and a single point of query. It includes a working sample of code that can be deployed quickly with little or no customization that uses technologies that are already included in every Project Server deployment.
- Project Server to ERP Connector Solution Starter shows how to integrate Project Server with mySAP Human Capital Management and Finance subsystems. Samples include synchronizing the resource breakdown structure (RBS) and enterprise text fields and outline codes with data from mySAP, creating projects from financial accounting orders, and integrating timesheet actuals with cost accounting. The solution starter includes a Microsoft ASP.NET administration page for Microsoft Project Web Access 2003, and five PDS extensions written with Microsoft Visual C#.
Project Data Service (PDS) Reference: The PDS is an extensible XML-based API for Project Server. The PDS Reference includes test tools and code templates in Visual Basic 6.0 and Visual C# for developing PDS extenders and components that integrate with Project Server. The PDS reference includes updated timesheet methods available with Project Server 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1).
The Project SDK also includes the following articles and references:
- Project Server Components and Authentication
- Project Server Security Object
- Grid Control Reference shows how to customize the Project Web Access Grid Control and other Project ActiveX® controls.
- Integration with InfoPath shows how to use Microsoft Office InfoPath™ 2003 with Project Server 2003 to simplify and bring more visibility, control, and participation to Enterprise Project Management.
- Project Server Web Parts and URL Options shows how to create Web Parts and Web Part Pages for Microsoft Windows® SharePoint™ Services and Microsoft Office SharePoint Portal Server 2003.
- Object Link Provider Reference (OLP) shows how to work with the OLP and describes the OLP properties, methods, and interfaces that help extend the integration of Windows SharePoint Services with Project Server.
- Creating Project Specific Windows SharePoint Services Sites shows how to create your own PDS Extender for project-specific Windows SharePoint Services Web sites.
- Modifying the Default Project Web Access Site Definition shows how to create custom site and list definitions.
You can also view the Microsoft Office Project 2003 SDK online in the MSDN Library.
Supported Operating System
Windows 2000 Service Pack 3, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP
This download works with the following applications:
- Microsoft Office Project Professional 2003
- Microsoft Office Project Standard 2003 (technologies related to Project Server do not apply)
- Microsoft Office Project Web Access 2003
- Microsoft Office Project Server 2003 and Project Server 2003 SP1
- Internet Explorer 5.0 or later
To install this download:
Instructions for use:
- Download the file by clicking the Download link (above) and saving the file to your hard disk.
- Double-click the pj11sdk2003.exe program file on your hard disk to start the setup program.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation. The default installation directory is:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 2003 SDKs\Microsoft Office Project 2003 SDK
When you install this SDK, your installation directory will contain the following:
To remove this download:
- Downloads subdirectory: Contains the self-extracting executable files for parts of the Project 2003 SDK, including the backup file PDS Reference.exe.
- PDS Reference subdirectory: includes a copy of the HTML Help file pj11PDSref.chm and the PDS Downloads subdirectory with the sample PDS tools and extensions.
- Solution Starters subdirectory: includes the self-extracting executable files for the solution starter samples.
- pj11sdk2003.chm: the global HTML Help file for the Project 2003 SDK. The pj11Project2Siebel.chm and pj11PDSref.chm HTML Help files in the same directory are referenced from the global file.
To remove the download file itself, delete the file pj11sdk2003.exe.
To remove the installed files, delete all of the files and subdirectories from your installation directory.
Note: This package does not collect any personal information.