Web Services Enhancements 2.0 SP3 for Microsoft® .NET (WSE) is a supported add-on to Microsoft Visual Studio® .NET and the Microsoft .NET Framework that enables developers to build secure Web services based on the latest Web services protocol specifications.
Microsoft WSE 2.0 SP3.msi
About WSE 2.0 SP3
WSE 2.0 SP3 simplifies the development and deployment of secure Web services by enabling developers and administrators to more easily apply security policies on Web services running on the .NET Framework. Using WSE, Web services communication can be signed and encrypted using Kerberos tickets, X.509 certificates, username/password credentials, and other custom binary and XML-based security tokens. In addition, an enhanced security model provides a policy-driven foundation for securing Web services across trust domains. WSE also supports the ability to establish a trust-issuing service for retrieval and validation of security tokens, as well as the ability to establish more efficient long-running secure communication via secure conversations.
New support for message-oriented programming enables asynchronous communication for Web services that involve long-lived operations, batch processing, peer to peer programs, or event driven application models. Web services that leverage WSE can now be hosted in multiple environments including ASP.NET, standalone executables, NT Services and can communicate over alternative transports including HTTP or TCP.
WSE provides a foundation for building applications based on Web services specifications published by Microsoft and industry partners including WS-Security (OASIS 2004 standard), WS-Policy, WS-SecurityPolicy, WS-Trust, WS-SecureConversation and WS-Addressing.
WSE 2.0 SP3 and WSE 1.0 SP1 can be installed side by side. If you had downloaded the 2.0 technology preview, uninstall it before installing WSE 2.0 SP3. Please review the product readme for more information about WSE 2.0 SP3, including API changes from WSE 1.0.
WSE 2.0 SP3 may be redistributed as part of your solution, provided that redistribution is done using the WSE 2.0 SP3 redistribution MSI, Microsoft WSE 2.0 SP3 Runtime.msi. This MSI is available as a separate download and is also included in the complete WSE 2.0 SP3 download.
WSE 2.0 SP3 is built for developers using Visual Studio .NET 2003 and the .NET Framework 1.1. The WSE support life-cycle policy is in line with the .NET Framework 1.1 support life-cycle policy. For additional information on this support policy, please check: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx.
WSE 2.0 SP3 is also supported on .NET Framework 2.0. WSE 2.0 SP3 does not have design time support with Visual Studio 2005 and hence is not supported when used with Visual Studio 2005. WSE 2.0 SP3 only has design time support with Visual Studio 2003.
Supported Operating System
Windows 2000, Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Windows 2000 Professional Edition , Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2000 Service Pack 4, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, Windows XP Home Edition , Windows XP Professional Edition, Windows XP Service Pack 2
- PC with Pentium 233 MHz or faster processor; Pentium 300 MHz or faster recommended
- One of the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows® XP Professional with Service Pack 1 or later
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 1 or later
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional with Service Pack 3 or later
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server with Service Pack 3 or later
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server with Service Pack 3
- Microsoft Windows Server™ 2003 family
- 64 MB of RAM (128 MB or higher recommended)
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) 5.x or 6.0 and
- One of the following:
- Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003
- Microsoft .NET Framework SDK version 1.1
- Microsoft .NET Framework SDK version 2.0
Note: IIS is not required when using SOAP messaging with the TCP protocol.
Note: WSE is supported with .NET Framework 1.1 and .NET Framework 2.0. WSE 2.0 SP3 is not supported with versions of Visual Studio later than Visual Studio .NET 2003.
- Click the Download button on this page to start the download.
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
- To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk.