This web installer downloads and installs Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1. An Internet connection is required during installation. See the ‘Additional Information’ section below for alternative (ISO) download options. Please Note: This installer is for all editions of Visual Studio 2010 (Express, Professional, Premium, Ultimate, Test Professional).
This download installs Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1). This service pack release addresses issues that were found through a combination of customer and partner feedback, as well as internal testing. These service packs offer Visual Studio users improvements in responsiveness and stability, as well as completes some high-impact scenarios requested by customers. The full list of updates included in this service pack can be found here.
- Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1) will upgrade all editions and languages of Visual Studio 2010 you have already installed. If you install any other editions or languages of Visual Studio 2010 after SP1, you must reapply SP1.
- If you installed Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1 Beta, you should not uninstall it before installing this release of SP1.
- Prior to installation, you should carefully review the readme to be aware of any known issues with this release.
- The install may take anywhere from 45 to 90 minutes based on your hardware, Visual Studio SKUs installed, download speed and other factors. In some cases it will take longer than 90 minutes - it is recommended that you close other applications to prevent rollback/retry cycles, which can add significant time. More Information
Please Note: This installer is for all editions of Visual Studio 2010 (Express, Professional, Premium, Ultimate, Test Professional).
Supported Operating System
Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 R2 (32-Bit x86), Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 editions, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2, Windows Vista Service Pack 2, Windows XP Service Pack 3
- Windows XP (x86) with Service Pack 3 - all editions except Starter Edition
- Windows Vista (x86 & x64) with Service Pack 2 - all editions except Starter Edition
- Windows 7 (x86 and x64)
- Windows Server 2003 (x86 & x64) with Service Pack 2 - all editions
- Users will need to install MSXML6 if not already present
- Windows Server 2003 R2 (x86 and x64) - all editions
- Windows Server 2008 (x86 and x64) with Service Pack 2 - all editions
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64) - all editions
- Supported Architectures:
- 32-Bit (x86)
- 64-Bit (x64) (WOW)
- Hardware Requirements:
- 1.6GHz or faster processor
- 1024 MB RAM (1.5 GB if running in a virtual machine)
- 5.5 GB of available hard-disk space
- 5400 RPM hard drive
- DirectX 9 capable video card running at 1024 x 768 or higher-resolution display
- DVD-ROM drive
- Click the Download button on this page to start the download the .exe package.
- To save the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save.
- Run the installer from the location on your computer, and follow the instructions on screen.
Note: This service pack is also available in .ISO format