To install this download:
The instructions above must be completed by someone with administrative privileges.
Silent installation has been enabled in this product. However, the End User License Agreement must be accepted using the ACCEPTEULA=1 parameter on the installation command line. Otherwise, installation will be blocked with the message “The EULA has not been accepted.”
Instructions for use:
- Download the file by clicking the Download button on this page and saving the file to your hard disk.
- Double-click the Visfilt.exe program file on your hard disk to start the setup program.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
Think of the Microsoft Visio IFilter as an extension to the Windows Indexing Service and to SharePoint Portal Server indexing service. To use the Visio IFilter, you must set up and start these indexing services.
If the Windows Indexing Service is not running on the computer, you must start start this service in order to perform searches in Windows, Office and Visio. You can find instructions for this in the Microsoft Office Resource Kit
at Microsoft TechNet.
If the SharePoint Portal Server indexing service is not running on the computer, you must start the service in order to perform SharePoint Portal Server searches. Instructions for this accompany the SharePoint Portal Server product.
After you start one or both of these Indexing Services, you can execute queries to search for specific text, user properties, or custom properties on any shape in Visio files. You can also query for specific text in the summary information for these files.
The Search feature in the following Microsoft products uses index files generated by the Windows Indexing Service:
- Visio 2003 Find Shape
- Windows 2000 or Windows XP File Explorer
- Office 2003
- Windows SharePoint Services
The Search feature in the following Microsoft products use the index files generated by the SharePoint Portal Server indexing service:
To remove this download:
- SharePoint Portal Server 2003
- Click Start, point to Settings and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- In the list of currently installed programs, select Microsoft Office Visio IFilter 2003 and then click Remove or Add/Remove. If a dialog box appears, follow the instructions to remove the program.
- Click Yes or OK to confirm that you want to remove the program.