Visual Studio 2010 Web Deployment Projects provide additional functionality to build and deploy Web sites and Web applications in Visual Studio 2010. This add-in provides a comprehensive UI to manage build configurations, merging, and using pre-build and post-build tasks with MSBuild.
Visual Studio 2010 Web Deployment Projects is an add-in to Visual Studio 2010 which provides compatibility with both Visual Studio 2008 Web Deployment Projects and Visual Studio 2005 Web Deployment Projects. Web Deployment Projects provides developers with advanced compilation options. A Web Deployment Project is an extensible msbuild script, enabling web developers to create pre-build and post-build actions.
Web Deployment projects do not change the way Visual Studio 2010 Web Sites or Web Application Projects build. Instead, they take an existing Visual Studio Web project as input and generate a precompiled Web as an output. A Web Deployment Project does not change the files in the source Web site project in any way.
Visual Studio 2010 Web Deployment Projects has all the functionality that Visual Studio 2008 Web Deployment Projects had. Developers can read more about this core functionality at Using Web Deployment Projects with Visual Studio 2005.
Supported Operating System
Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- Required Software:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
- Supported Visual Studio Editions:
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Professional with MSDN
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Premium with MSDN
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate with MSDN
Note: Visual Studio 2010 Express Editions are not supported
Before you install, please complete the following:
- Uninstall any pre-release versions of Visual Studio 2010 Web Deployment Projects (WDP)
In order to download and install Visual Studio 2010 Web Deployment Projects, please follow these steps:
- Ensure that .Net Framework 4.0 is installed on the machine.
- Click Download from this page
- Choose to either "Run" the file to run and install it directly, or choose "Save As" to save the download to a folder of your choice for later installation.
- If you choose "Save As", please note that you will need to run the downloaded file from the folder you chose to download it to, before you are able to use it.
In order to install and use the software in this release, you must accept the License Terms accompnying this release, and shown during installation.
We are interested in your feedback! Here are instructions on how you can provide it.
- Click here to submit feedback.
- Sign in using your Windows Live ID or Microsoft Passport Account.
- On the page, click "Submit Feedback."
- Search "Feedback" to see if the issue has already been submitted. If you find an issue similar to your own, you can validate and/or vote on the issue to increase its visibility. Otherwise, continue to the next step.
- Click the "Submit Feedback" button found beneath the search results table.
- You may submit either Bugs or Suggestions by selecting the proper feedback form.
- Make sure that you mention "Visual Studio 2010 Web Deployment Projects" in your Description field.
- Fill in the rest of the form to the best of your ability, and click the "Submit" button.
- We will contact you via your Windows Live ID / Passport email address once we have reviewed your issue.