Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 Developer and IT Pro Help provides information about developing, installing, and managing Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009. The latest help supports the new features of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 R2. Help for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1 and Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 is also available.
NAV 2009 pre-SP1 Installation and Development Guide.zip
The following provides an overview of the available download files.
NAV 2009 R2 Help Update.zip (includes nav2009r2.chm)
Provides installation and upgrade instructions for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 R2 and help on the new application and development features. Some of the main features include:
This documentation is also available from the MSDN Library.
- Online Payment Services
- Integrating with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Locking and unlocking objects
- Interoperating with Microsoft .NET Framework
- Application Virtualization (App-V)
- Connecting the RoleTailored Client over a wide area network
Note: The nav2009r2.chm does not contain the complete Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 Developer and IT Pro Help. Use the nav2009r2.chm as a supplement to the Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1 Developer and IT Pro Help.
NAV 2009 SP1 Installation and Development Guide.zip (includes cside.chm, cside.hh, nav_extref.chm, readme(cside).txt)
Includes the latest version of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1 Developer and IT Pro Help. The help covers installation and configuration, developing C/SIDE objects, transforming forms to pages, working with Web services, creating RoleTailored client control add-ins, and reference information. The help also includes C/AL programming guidelines for formatting, naming, numbering, and other development best practices.
This is an updated version of the help that is installed with Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1. This documentation is also available from the MSDN Library.
nav_install_SP1.zip (includes nav_install.chm)
Includes the Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1 Installation and Configuration Help that provides the installation and configuration content for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1. This content is also available in the NAV 2009 SP1 Installation and Development Guide.zip.
NAV 2009 pre-SP1 Installation and Development Guide.zip (includes cside.chm, cside.hh, readme (cside).txt)
Includes an earlier version of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 Developer and IT Pro Help, which does not include updates for SP1. The help includes content about installing, configuring, and developing Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009.
NAV CAL Programming Guide.pdf
The C/AL Programming Guide includes programming conventions for C/AL, naming conventions, numbering conventions, and guidelines for developing add-on applications for Microsoft Dynamics NAV. Note: The cside.chm in the NAV 2009 SP1 Installation and Development Guide.zip includes the most up-to-date and comprehensive programming guidelines, which you can also use with Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009.
Security Hardening Guide.pdf
The Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 Security Hardening Guide
presents various security considerations and issues for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009, Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1, Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 R2. It provides guidelines for making your network and software more secure. This is the same version of the guide that that is installed with Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1 and Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 R2.
Supported Operating System
Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009, Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1, or Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 R2
Troubleshooting: Navigation to the webpage was canceled
- Click Download to download each file.
- If the file has a .zip extension, extract its contents to a folder on your computer.
Note: For the NAV 2009 SP1 Installation and Development Guide.zip, place the cside.chm and the nav_extref.chm in the same folder.
- To update Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 or Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1 so that this updated content is available from the Help menu and F1, do the following:
Note: These instructions work around problems with opening HTML Help files as described in KB90225.
- Double-click cside.chm to open it.
- If an Open File-Security Warning dialog box is displayed, click to clear the Always ask before opening this file check box, and then click Open. Close cside.chm.
- If a security warning is not displayed, but the contents of the Help file are not displayed, right-click cside.chm, click Properties, and then click Unblock.
- Replace the existing cside.chm, cside.hh, and nav_extref.chm files in the language-specific directories for the Classic client with the new files that you downloaded. The default installation location for these directories is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Classic. For example, in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 for Germany, you must replace these files in both the ENU and DEU directories.
- Restart Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 Classic.
When viewing a .chm file, if you get the message Navigation to the webpage was canceled
instead of the help content, then your computer's security settings may be blocking the content because it came from another computer. To fix this issue, do the following:
- Right-click the .chm file, and then click Properties.
- On the General tab, click Unblock.