This management pack provides capabilities to discover, monitor, and manage your SQL Server PDW appliances. The management pack simplifies the monitoring process for PDW.
This Management Pack for Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Parallel Data Warehouse (PDW) Appliance provides capabilities to discover, monitor, and manage your SQL Server PDW appliances. The management pack simplifies the monitoring process for PDW.
In addition to health monitoring capabilities, this monitoring pack includes a custom diagram view to visualize appliance health. The custom view has detailed knowledge about the health states for the hardware and software components. The custom view enables near real-time diagnosis and resolution of detected issues.
Important Pre-Requisite Notes:
This management pack depends on the SQL Server Appliance Base Monitoring Pack; this helps you manage your SQL Server appliances by discovering appliances in your network and distinguishing them from other Windows servers.
You need to import the SQL Server Base Appliance Management Pack before importing the SQL Server PDW Appliance Management Pack. You can download the SQL Server Appliance Base Management Pack here
The following list gives an overview of the features of this management pack for PDW Appliance. Refer to the Management Pack for SQL Server 2008 R2 PDW Appliance guide for more details.
- Discovers SQL Server PDW Appliances, including the hardware manufacturer.
- Monitors both hardware and software components of SQL Server PDW Appliance. This includes:
- The ability to roll up the overall health information across hardware and software components.
- The ability to detect and monitor nodes that belong to different SQL Server PDW failover clusters.
- Custom diagram view to visually represent the PDW appliance hierarchy comprising of hardware and software components. This includes these three views:
- Appliance view – high level health information of the overall appliance health and their individual nodes
- Appliance nodes – view to represent the health of each of the nodes and their roles.
- Alerts view –view for the IT operator to look at proactive monitoring alerts and take appropriate actions.
- Custom e-mail template to provide more detailed information regarding the alerts.
- Tasks to integrate with the various PDW admin console views.
- Run-as profile to securely connect to PDW appliance for discovery and monitoring.
- 1/31/2012 - Updated release, version 1.0.774.0, with following fixes:
- Discovery of PDW appliance for AU3 updated without dwsys database
- Discovery for AU3 appliance nodes due to casing changes in dm_pdw_nodes.type column
- 9/27/2011 - Original Release, version 1.0.756.0
Supported Operating System
Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2
- Other Software:
- System Center Operations Manager Operations Manager 2007 R2.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Parallel Data Warehouse (PDW) Appliance
- SQL Server PDW client tools should be installed on the machine where the SCOM agent is installed. The client tools are available in the REDIST share on the Landing Zone node.
Please refer to MP Guide.