For more information about the validation process, click here.
Microsoft DirectAccess Connectivity Assistant (DCA) 2.0 can be used by computers running Windows 7 when connecting to internal corporate networks with DirectAccess in Windows Server 2012. It improves the DirectAccess connection experience, supports one-time password (OTP) authentication for DirectAccess users and helps organizations reduce the cost of supporting DirectAccess users.
Before you install and use Microsoft DirectAccess Connectivity Assistance 2.0 you must:
1. Review the Microsoft DirectAccess Connectivity Assistance 2.0 license terms here: PLEASE NOTE: Microsoft Corporation (or based on where you live, one of its affiliates) licenses this supplement to you. You may use it with each validly licensed copy of Microsoft operating system products software (for which this supplement is applicable) (the “software”). You may not use the supplement if you do not have a license for the software. The license terms for the software apply to your use of this supplement.
2. Print and retain a copy of these license terms for your records.
By downloading and using Microsoft DirectAccess Connectivity Assistance 2.0 you agree to such license terms noted above. If you do not accept them, do not use the software.
Microsoft DirectAccess Connectivity Assistant (DCA) 2.0 provides the following functionality:
• Provides DirectAccess users with connectivity information. Users can view their DirectAccess connectivity status at all times.
• Provides diagnostics and troubleshooting features. DCA 2.0 provides tools to help users reconnect if problems arise, and create diagnostics to provide IT administrators with troubleshooting information.
• Supports one-time password (OTP) authentication for DirectAccess users required to authenticate using OTP.
Note: DCA 2.0 can be installed on Windows 7 computers that connect to the corporate network using DirectAccess running on a Windows Server 2012 computer. It can be installed on Windows 7 computers that do not have DCA installed, or on computers running DCA 1.0 or DCA 1.5. DCA 2.0 should not be installed on computers running Windows 8 Consumer Preview. It should also not be installed on Windows 7 computers that connect to the corporate network using DirectAccess running on a Windows Server 2008 R2 computer or on a Forefront UAG server.
The download includes the following components:
• A zip file (DirectAccess_Connectivity_Assistant_2_0.zip) containing a collection of all the files in this download.
• GPO templates (DirectAccess_Connectivity_Assistant_2_0_GP.adml; DirectAccess_Connectivity_Assistant_2_0_GP.admx) for configuring DCA settings on client computers.
• Installation files (DirectAccess_Connectivity_Assistant_2_0_x64.msi; DirectAccess_Connectivity_Assistant_2_0_x86.msi) required to install the application on 64-bit or 32-bit client computers.
• An administrators guide (DirectAccess_Connectivity_Assistant_2_0_AdminGuide.docx) that describes how to configure the GPO templates, and install the application.
• A zip file (DirectAccess_Connectivity_Assistant_2_0_UserGuide.zip) containing an end-user help file that can be distributed to client computers running DirectAccess Connectivity Assistant (DCA) 2.0. The zip file contains the document in all languages supported by DCA 2.0.
Note that when you install DCA 2.0, the .msi file runs in English. After Setup, the DCA user interface appears on the end-user computer in the language specified by the operating system.
Supported Operating System
Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 7 Ultimate
• 10 MB of disk space.
• 10 MB of RAM.
• Microsoft Word or Microsoft Word Viewer (available as a free download) can be used to view Word documents.
• Click the Download button next to the file you would like to download to start the download.
• Do one of the following:
• To immediately start the .msi installation or open the document click Open, run or run this program from its current location. Then extract the files to your preferred location on your computer.
• To save the download to your preferred location on your computer for use at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk.
• Please refer to the Admin Guide.