The Microsoft Project 2002: Profile Wizard helps you to create and distribute a default user profile, including standard locations for files and templates.
The Microsoft Project 2002: Profile Wizard helps you to create and distribute a default user profile, including standard locations for files and templates. Using the Profile Wizard, you can preset options so that users don't have to customize their settings. You can also change default values to match your organization's needs or to ensure that users have access to shared templates. When you deploy a standard user profile, all of your users start with the same Microsoft Project 2002 configuration.
When you save a Microsoft Project user profile, you create a profile settings file (OPS file). You can include your OPS file in a Windows Installer transform (MST file) to distribute the settings when Microsoft Project is deployed. You can also use the Profile Wizard to help back up and restore user-defined settings from one computer to another.
This download is part of the Microsoft Project 2002 Resource Kit, which is available online at TechNet.
Supported Operating System
Windows 2000, Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows NT, Windows XP
- This download works with the following applications:
- Microsoft Project Standard 2002
- Microsoft Project Professional 2002
- Microsoft Project Server 2002
To install this download:
Installing the Custom Installation Wizard
- Download the file by clicking the Download link (above) and saving the file to your hard disk.
- Double-click the opw10usr.exe program file on your hard disk to start the setup program.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
The Profile Wizard is part of the Office XP Resource Kit, and is automatically installed on your computer when you install the Office XP Resource Kit. To locate the tool, click Start
, point to Programs
, point to Microsoft Office Tools
, point to Microsoft Office XP Resource Kit Tools
, and then click Profile Wizard
The p10prfwz.exe contains the files needed to use the Profile Wizard with Microsoft Project.
To install the Profile Wizard for Microsoft Project:
Removal of this download:
- Download and install orktools.exe.
- Download and install Microsoft Project 2002: Profile Wizard (p10prfwz.exe) to the same folder as Profile Wizard.
- Capture settings:
- To capture settings for Microsoft Project only, run the Profile Wizard using the command-line: PROFLWIZ.EXE /i P10ADM.INI
- To capture settings for Microsoft Project as well as Microsoft Office, run the Profile Wizard using the command-line: PROFLWIZ.EXE /i P+O10ADM.INI
- To reset settings for Microsoft Project, run the Profile Wizard using the command-line: PROFLWIZ.EXE /i RESETP10.INI
- To retrieve settings from a settings file, you can run the Profile Wizard by using either the Windows Installer shortcut (Office Tools/Office Resource Kit/Profile Wizard) or by using the following command-line: PROFLWIZ.EXE /r <settings filename> where <settings file name> is the name of the file you want to restore settings from.
There is no uninstall feature for this download.