Registration takes only a few moments and allows Microsoft to provide you with the latest resources relevant to your interests, including service packs, security notices, and training. Please click the Continue button. Registration is suggested for this download:
Microsoft Expression Graphic Designer brings together the best of vector-based and pixel-based capabilities, letting you explore new creative and cutting-edge possibilities.
Microsoft Expression Graphic Designer (formerly code named "Acrylic") is a professional illustration, painting, and graphic design product. Visit the Expression Graphic Designer Features page for an overview of the main features. For more detailed information please view the videos that are also available on the Expression Graphic Designer site.
We would like to thank you for your enthusiastic support regarding our professional graphic design application, Expression Graphic Designer. In direct response to your feedback, we are pleased to present a new version for download. We look forward to your continued feedback.
Supported Operating System
Windows XP Service Pack 2
Minimum system requirements:
- Microsoft® Windows® XP with Service Pack 2
- 733 Mhz processor
- 256 MB of RAM
- 400 MB available disk drive space
- 800x600 monitor resolution with 24-bit color
- Mouse and/or digitizer tablet
- Microsoft® Windows® XP with Service Pack 2 or greater
- Pentium 4 processor with MMX or equivalent
- 512 MB of RAM
- 600 MB available disk drive space
- 1024x768 or greater monitor resolution with 24-bit color
After installing Expression Graphic Designer January 2006 CTP, you will need to download and install the Microsoft Prerelease Software WinFX Runtime Components if you wish to utilize the XAML Export feature in Expression Graphic Designer.
This download offers you the benefits of registering with Microsoft. Click the Continue button near the top of this page to register. After you have gone through the registration process, you will be returned to this page to begin the download.
In support of the recent release of the Microsoft Expression Interactive Designer January 2006 CTP, we have provided enhanced XAML Export with live preview to the product.
The XAML Export feature allows you to export XAML files directly from Expression Graphic Designer for use in applications based on the Windows® Presentation Foundation (WPF). XAML files generated by Expression Graphic Designer can also be used with Expression Interactive Designer.
There are several known limitations in this release of the XAML Export:
Uninstalling previous releases of Graphic Designer CTP is not necessary. The Expression Graphic Designer January 2006 CTP release will automatically remove the previously installed version before installing the new one.
- If Rasterize Live FX is enabled, the final export may experience layer ordering issues.
- Shapes with a pattern fill occasionally shift the position of the pattern upon export.
- Text and Rounded Rectangles are flattened into pure vector shapes upon export.
- When you are zooming and panning in the XAML preview window, the cursor does not change to reflect the current navigation tool.
- Blend modes are not supported by WinFX.
- Outer glow, Gaussian blur, and drop shadow are the only effects that are supported directly in export. Rasterize Live FX must be enabled to see other live effects.
- Extremely complex documents may generate XAML files that are too large to be handled by WinFX.
- Images in groups will be shifted when exported to XAML.
- Objects with a perspective transform will lose the perspective transform when exported to XAML.
Help us continually improve Microsoft Expression Graphic Designer by joining Microsoft Connect to report any technical issues you encounter.