This book describes how to design, deploy, upgrade to, or restructure to a Windows Server 2003 Active Directory environment. This book also describes how to design and deploy Windows Server 2003 distributed security services for authentication, access control, and certificate use.
Whether you are designing a new Active Directory logical structure, deploying Active Directory for the first time, upgrading an existing Windows environment to Windows Server 2003 Active Directory, or restructuring your current environment to a Windows Server 2003 Active Directory environment, part one of this book will assist you in meeting all of the Active Directory design and deployment goals for your organization.You also need to make important decisions early in your deployment regarding the design and deployment of Windows Server 2003 distributed security services for authentication, access control, and, increasingly, certificate use. Part two of this book will assist you in preparing the design and planning documents needed to create a sound foundation of distributed security services.
This page contains the following files for download:
- Book Cover (front)
- Part I: Designing and Deploying Directory Services
- Ch 1: Planning an Active Directory Deployment Project
- Ch 2: Designing the Active Directory Logical Structure
- Ch 3: Designing the Site Topology
- Ch 4: Planning Domain Controller Capacity, version 2.0
- Ch 5: Enabling Advanced Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Features
- Ch 6: Deploying the Windows Server 2003 Forest Root Domain
- Ch 7: Deploying Windows Server 2003 Regional Domains
- Ch 8: Upgrading Windows NT 4.0 Domains to Windows Server 2003 Active Directory
- Ch 9: Upgrading Windows 2000 Domains to Windows Server 2003 Domains
- Ch 10: Restructuring Windows NT 4.0 Domains to an Active Directory Forest
- Ch 11: Restructuring Active Directory Domains Between Forests
- Ch 12: Restructuring Active Directory Domains Within a Forest
- Part II: Deploying Distributed Security Services
- Ch 13: Planning a Secure Environment
- Ch 14: Designing an Authentication Strategy
- Ch 15: Designing a Resource Authorization Strategy
- Ch 16: Designing a Public Key Infrastructure
- Ch 17: Planning a Smart Card Deployment
- Entire book as a .zip file
- Job aids and worksheets to use with the book
We want to provide high-quality, relevant content for IT Pros who plan, support, deploy, and operate Windows Server 2003 in small, medium, and large organizations. In order for us to improve our content offerings, we want to hear from you. Please click here to send us your feedback on the usefulness and relevance of this content or any suggestions for content you would like to see.
Supported Operating System
Windows Server 2003
- Microsoft Word or Word Viewer
- To download the entire book, click the .zip file in the list below. To download just one element of the book, click the file name for that element from the list below.
NOTE: The file "07 CHAPTER 4 Planning Domain Controller Capacity version 2.doc" is an update that is only available in the single file download. The older version of this chapter appears in the file "Designing and Deploying Directory and Security Services.zip."
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
- To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk.