Microsoft® Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2004 is the advanced application layer firewall, VPN, and Web cache solution that enables you to easily maximize existing IT investments by improving network security and performance.
Microsoft ISA Server 2004 is a multi-layer firewall, VPN and web cache which introduces multi-networking support, easy-to-use and highly-integrated virtual private networking, high end application layer filtering capabilities, comprehensive and extensible user authentication models, and vastly improved UI and management features, including configuration import and export.
Supported Operating System
Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003
To use Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2004 Standard Edition, you need:
• PC with 300 MHz or higher Pentium II–compatible CPU running one of the following server operating systems:
-Microsoft Windows 2000 Server or Windows 2000 Advanced Server with Service Pack 4 or later*
-Windows 2000 Datacenter Server
-Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition
-Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition
• 256 MB of RAM
• One network adapter that is compatible with the computer's operating system, for communication with the internal network.
• One additional network adapter, modem, or ISDN adapter that is compatible with the computer’s operating system for each additional network connected to the ISA Server computer
• One local hard-disk partition formatted with NTFS and 150 MB of available space (additional disk space required for Web cache content)
• CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive
• VGA or higher-resolution monitor
• Microsoft Mouse, Microsoft IntelliMouse®, or compatible pointing device (optional)
If you install ISA Server on a Windows Server 2000 operating system, note the following additional requirements:
• Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 or later must be installed
• Internet Explorer 6 or later must be installed
Actual system requirements will vary based on your deployment configuration, expected load, and the features you choose to install.
If you are using the Windows 2000 SP4 slipstream, you must also install the hot fix specified in article 821887, "Events for Authorization Roles Are Not Logged in the Security Log When You Configure Auditing for Windows 2000 Authorization Manager Runtime," in the Microsoft Knowledge Base.
A maximum of four processors is supported; this product will not install on a computer with more than four processors.
* Latest Service Pack recommended.
Note: Microsoft recommends that all customers deploy current security implementation best practices, including the Internet Information Services (IIS) Lockdown Tool, as outlined at www.microsoft.com/security. Additional hot fixes may be recommended.
Click the Download link on this page to start the download.
Do one of the following:
• To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
• To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk.