Language packs enable creation of sites and site collections in multiple languages without requiring separate installations of SharePoint Server 2010, Project Server 2010, Search Server 2010, and Office Web Apps 2010
Language packs enable creation of sites and site collections in multiple languages without requiring separate installations of SharePoint Server 2010, Project Server 2010, Search Server 2010, and Office Web Apps 2010. Multiple language packs can be installed on the same server. Application of a Language Pack will not change the language of the installed Microsoft server product, or the language of the administrative features.
- You do not need to download a language pack for the language you installed, these language packs are to support creation of additional languages.
Supported Operating System
Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2012
- This download works with the following programs:
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
- Microsoft Project Server 2010
- Microsoft SharePoint Search Server 2010
- Microsoft SharePoint Search Server Express 2010
- Microsoft Office Web Apps 2010
To install this download:
Install a language pack:
- Download the file by clicking the Download button (above) and saving the file to your hard disk.
- Run the setup program.
- On the Read the Microsoft Software License Terms page, review the terms, select the I accept the terms of this agreement check box, and then click Continue.
- The setup wizard runs and installs the language pack.
- Rerun the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard, using the default settings.
If you do not run the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard after you install a language pack, the language pack will not be installed properly.
Rerun the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard:
Instructions for use:
- Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Products, and then click SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard.
- On the Welcome to SharePoint Products and Technologies page, click Next.
- Click Yes in the dialog box that alerts you that some services might need to be restarted during configuration.
- On the Modify Server Farm Settings page, click Do not disconnect from this server farm, and then click Next.
- If the Modify SharePoint Central Administration Web Administration Settings page appears, do not modify any of the default settings, and then click Next.
- On the Completing the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard page, click Next.
- On the Configuration Successful page, click Finish.
For usage information, visit the Deploy SharePointServer 2010 Language Packs
To remove this download:
- On the Start menu, point to Settings and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- In the list of currently installed programs, select Version 2010 Server Software and Office Web Apps 2010 Language Pack – [Language] and then click Remove or Add/Remove. If a dialog box appears, follow the instructions to remove the program.
- Click Yes or OK to confirm that you want to remove the program.