This guide contains comprehensive information about how to plan, install, and maintain Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011. To click the most recent version, see the TechNet link below.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 and Claims-based Authentication.docx
To view an online version of these documents, visit TechNet.
The Microsoft_Dynamics_CRM_2011_IG.zip file contains the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Implementation Guide and consists of the following documents:
- Planning Guide: This Microsoft Office Word document gives you the information and tools that help you get your organization ready for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011. It includes two main aspects of planning for a customer relationship management (CRM) system:
- Technical: These topics focus on areas such as the supported topologies, system requirements, and technical considerations to address before you install.
- Implementation methodology: These topics cover the business management, CRM requirements, and project management aspects that are needed when you deploy a CRM system.
- Installing Guide: This Word document provides the information that you need to install Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, such as step-by-step instructions for running Setup, and command-line instructions for silent installations.
- Operating and Maintaining Guide: This Word document gives you information about how to back up, restore, and provide data recovery for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011. Additionally, this guide provides troubleshooting steps for known issues.
- The Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Implementation Guide Compiled HTML Help (CHM) file includes the contents of all three of the guides and provides a comprehensive index and full-text search.
The Microsoft_Dynamics_CRM_2011_IG_smallscreen.zip file contains the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Implementation Guide in PDF format. Although this format works well to view on a standard computer screen, we suggest using this popular format for viewing on other devices such as tablets, ereaders, and mobile phones.
The Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Configuring Claims-based Authentication Word document covers enabling internal and external access to your Microsoft Dynamics CRM data using claims-based authentication. This document was updated in July, 2012 (v5.2.0).
The Planning Tools are 43 template, project, and worksheet Office documents that can be used to help plan your implementation.
The Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Windows Logo Certification Word document provides details about the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 certification for the Windows Server 2008 R2 Logo Program.
Supported Operating System
Windows Server 2008 Datacenter, Windows Server 2008 Enterprise, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2, Windows Small Business Server 2008 Premium, Windows Small Business Server 2008 Standard , Windows Web Server 2008 R2
- Microsoft Office Word 2003 or a later version, or a compatible viewer.
- The download is a compressed folder file. To start the download, click Download.
- If the File Download dialog box appears, do one of the following:
- To start the download immediately, click Open.
- To copy the download to your computer to view at a later time, click Save.
To view the Microsoft_Dynamics_CRM_2011_Implementation Guide.chm file:
- After the download is completed, right-click the Microsoft_Dynamics_CRM_2011_IG file that has a compressed (.zip) file name extension and then click Extract All. Extract the files into a folder on your local computer.
- Double-click the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Implementation Guide.chm file.
- If prompted, clear the "Always ask before opening this file" check box.
- If you still cannot view the file, right-click the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Implementation Guide.chm file, click Properties, and select the the procedure that is most appropriate for you.
- Clear This file came from another computer and may be unsafe..., and then click OK.
- Click Unblock, and then click OK.
- Double-click the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Implementation Guide.chm file to view it.