Microsoft Mathematics Add-in 2013 for Microsoft Word and Microsoft OneNote makes it easy to plot graphs in 2D and 3D, solve equations or inequalities, and simplify algebraic expressions in your Word documents and OneNote notebooks.
With the Microsoft Mathematics Add-in 2013 for Word and OneNote, you can perform mathematical calculations and plot graphs in your Word documents and OneNote notebooks. The add-in also provides an extensive collection of mathematical symbols and structures to display clearly formatted mathematical expressions. You can also quickly insert commonly used expressions and math structures by using the Equation gallery.
The Microsoft Mathematics Add-in helps you:
• Compute standard mathematical functions, such as roots and logarithms
• Compute trigonometric functions, such as sine and cosine
• Find derivatives and integrals, limits, and sums and products of series
• Perform matrix operations, such as inverses, addition, and multiplication
• Perform operations on complex numbers
• Plot 2-D graphs in Cartesian and polar coordinates
• Plot 3-D graphs in Cartesian, cylindrical, and spherical coordinates
• Solve equations and inequalities
• Calculate statistical functions, such as mode and variance, on lists of numbers
• Factor polynomials or integers
• Simplify or expand algebraic expressions
Supported Operating System
Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Vista Service Pack 2
• Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
• This download works with the following Office programs:
◦ Microsoft Word 2013 and Microsoft OneNote 2013
◦ Microsoft Word 2010 and Microsoft OneNote 2010
◦ Microsoft Office Word 2007
If you’re running Windows XP Service Pack 3, please refer to the previous version of Microsoft Mathematics Add-in for Word and OneNote.
Installing the add-in:
1. Click Download next to the edumathaddin.exe file, and save the file to your hard disk.
2. Make sure that all instances of Word, OneNote, or Send to OneNote (or OneNote Quick Launcher) are closed.
3. Double-click the edumathaddin.exe program file on your hard disk to start the Setup program.
4. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
5. After the installation is complete you will be offered to install DirectX. It is recommended that you install it because it will provide better display of graphics.
This version of Microsoft Mathematics Add-in for Word and OneNote 2013 will uninstall any previous versions automatically.
Getting started with the add-in:
After you install this download, start Word or OneNote. You’ll see the new equation, computation, and graphing options on the Mathematics tab.
Removing the add-in:
1. Go to Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program.
3. In the list of currently installed programs, click Microsoft Mathematics Add-in for Word and OneNote, and then click Remove or Add/Remove. If a dialog box appears, follow the instructions to remove the program.
4. Click Yes or OK to confirm that you want to remove the program.
When you’re done, don’t forget to delete the edumathaddin.exe installation file that you saved to your hard disk.