Power Map is a new 3D visualization add-in for Excel for mapping, exploring, and interacting with geographical and temporal data, enabling people to discover and share new insights.
Note: There are multiple files available for this download. Once you click on the “Download” button, you will be prompted to select the files you need.
Getting Started with Power Map Preview_September Refresh.DOCX
Microsoft Power Map Preview for Excel.exe
Power Map is a 3D data visualization tool for Excel that provides an immersive experience for making discoveries in data that might never be seen in traditional 2D tables and charts. Power Map lets you plot geographic and temporal data visually, analyze that data in 3D, and create cinematic tours to share with others.
With Power Map you can:
- Map Data: Plot more than a million rows of data* in 3D visually on Bing maps and visualize the data with 3D columns, bubble/pie charts, heat maps, and regions.
- Discover Insights: Discover new insights by seeing your data in geographic space and seeing time-stamped data change over time.
- Share Stories: Capture screenshot "scenes" and build cinematic, guided interactive or video "tours" that can be shared broadly, engaging audiences like never before.
Note: * Online connectivity required and performance experience depends on hardware/software configuration
Supported Operating System
Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008 R2
Note: Windows 8 RT is not supported.
- Windows 2008 R2 (requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0)
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
Supported Microsoft Office versions:
- Office Professional Plus 2013
- Office 365 ProPlus
- Office 365 Midsize
- Office 365 E3
- Office 365 E4
- Office 365 A3
- Office 365 A4
- Office 365 G3
- Office 365 G4
Power Map Preview for Excel is available for 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64) platforms.
Note: 64-bit (x64) is recommended for handling large volumes of data. Excel 2013 Standalone for retail and volume licensing are also supported.
Computer and Processor:
1 Ghz or greater x86/x64 Processor
1 GB RAM (32 Bit) /2 GB RAM (64 Bit)
3.0 GB available
You must be connected to the internet to use Power Map.
- Latest graphics driver
- Internet functionality requires an Internet connection.
- Product functionality and graphics may vary based on your system configuration. Some features may require additional or advanced hardware or server connectivity.
- Monitor capable of at least 1024x768 resolution.
Download the version of the Power Map COM add-in by running the MSI installer and follow the setup steps.