Remote Desktop Connection Client for Mac 2.0.1 lets you connect from your Macintosh computer to a Windows-based computer and then work with applications and files on the Windows-based computer.
Remote Desktop Connection Client for Mac 2.0.1 lets you connect from your Macintosh computer to a Windows-based computer or to multiple Windows-based computers at the same time. After you have connected, you can work with applications and files on the Windows-based computer.
For more information about this release, please visit the Microsoft Web site.
Supported Operating System
Mac OS X
- Operating System Versions: Mac OS X version 10.4.9 (Tiger) or a later version of Mac OS
Note To verify that your computer meets these minimum requirements, on the Apple menu, click About This Mac.
- Other requirements: To connect to a Windows-based computer, you must have network access and permissions to connect to a Windows-based computer that is running Terminal Services or Remote Desktop Services. These services are included with the following Windows products:
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Windows XP Professional
- Windows XP Media Center
- Windows Server 2008 Datacenter
- Windows Server 2008 Enterprise
- Windows Server 2008 Standard
- Windows Server 2003 Datacenter
- Windows Server 2003 Enterprise
- Windows Server 2003 Standard
To remove this software
- Print this page if you want to use it as a reference when you are offline.
- Quit any applications that are running, including all Office applications, Microsoft Messenger, and Office Notifications, because they might interfere with the installation.
- Make sure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements.
- Click Download, or click the link for the language version that you want.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to save the file to your hard disk. If you are using Safari, the downloaded file is saved to the desktop unless you specified a different location in the Preferences dialog box of Safari. To check your preferences, on the Safari menu, click Preferences, and then click General.
- Double-click the file that you downloaded in step 5 to place the Remote Desktop Connection volume on your desktop, and then double-click the Remote Desktop Connection volume to open it. This step might have been performed for you.
- In the Remote Desktop Connection volume window, double-click the Remote Desktop Connection.mpkg application to start the installation process, and then follow the instructions on the screen.
- If the installation finishes successfully, you can remove the installer from your hard disk. To remove the installer, first drag the Remote Desktop Connection volume to the Trash, and then drag the file that you downloaded to the Trash.
To remove Remote Desktop Connection Client for Mac, move the Remote Desktop Connection application to the Trash, and then on the Finder
menu, click Empty Trash