Guide for installing, configuring, managing, and maintaining Microsoft Office SharePoint Portal Server 2003.
Note If the topics in this file do not appear as you expect (you see "Page cannot be displayed" or "File not found," for example), see the Instructions section on this page.
This download contains information about managing SharePoint Portal Server 2003, including:
- Deployment Scenarios
- Backup and Restore
This guide is a compiled Help file and opens in HTML Help.
Revisions for this publication:
- Updated content and fixed broken links.
- Modified Microsoft Windows® SharePoint Services content to be applicable to SharePoint Portal Server 2003, including a major rewrite of Managing Site Groups and Permissions.
- Added additional topics about Web Parts (About Web Parts, Managing a Site Collection Web Part Gallery, and Managing Web Parts on Virtual Servers).
- Added Using SharePoint Configuration Analyzer.
Supported Operating System
Windows 2000, Windows 2000 Service Pack 2, Windows 2000 Service Pack 3, Windows 98, Windows 98 Second Edition, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, Windows XP 64-bit, Windows XP Media Center Edition
- This download works with the following Office applications:
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Portal Server 2003
To install this download:
- Download the file by clicking the Download button (above) and saving the file to your hard disk.
- Using Windows Explorer, locate the file SharePointPSAdmin.chm that you saved to hard disk, and then double-click the file to open it.
You can access the administrator’s guide on each server that has SharePoint Portal Server 2003 installed. If you want to replace the existing administrator’s guide with this updated version, do the following:
- On the server, navigate to \Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\60\ISAPI\HELP\1033\SPS on the operating system directory.
- Delete the existing file Administrator's Help.chm.
- Copy the file SharepointPSAdmin.chm that you downloaded to this directory.
- Rename SharepointPSAdmin.chm to Administrator's Help.chm.
- You can now access the downloaded version of the administrator’s guide. To do this, click Start, point to All Programs, point to SharePoint Portal Server, and then click SharePoint Portal Server Administrator’s Guide.
If you have installed Windows security updates MS05-026 or MS05-001, the text in this file might not appear as expected if you open the file directly from the Microsoft Download Center.
To open this file so that you can see the text:
- Click the Download button (above).
- In the File Download dialog box, click Save.
- Use the Save As dialog box to save the file to your computer.
- Find the file on your computer and double-click it.
- In the Open File dialog box, clear the Always ask before opening this file check box, and then click Open.
For more information, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 892675