OEAT scans client computers for add-ins and applications that interact with Microsoft Office 97, Microsoft Office 2000, Microsoft Office XP, Microsoft Office 2003, the 2007 Microsoft Office system, and Microsoft Office 2010. You use OEAT during the assessment phase of an Office 2010 or Office Professional Plus for Office 365 deployment project.
OEAT is a comprehensive scanning tool that helps you assess the compatibility of existing add-ins and applications in your environment. OEAT can identify the following:
- Office add-ins that are currently installed
- Programs that are not registered as add-ins but still interact with Office programs
- Information about client computers, such as processor models and types (32-bit or 64-bit), free disk space, Windows version, and Office version
- Report: Add-ins assessment—list of third party programs and information about the compatibility of those programs with Microsoft Office 2010.
- Report: Environmental assessment (potential upgrade issues).
Supported Operating System
Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Vista, Windows XP Service Pack 3
- This tool collects information for the following Office applications:
- Microsoft Office 97
- Microsoft Office 2000
- Microsoft Office XP
- Microsoft Office 2003
- 2007 Microsoft Office system
- Microsoft Office 2010
- In addition, you must have the following installed:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or later
- The report compilation feature of the tool requires one of the following Microsoft Excel versions to be installed.
- Microsoft Office Excel 2007
Microsoft Excel 2010
To install this download:
Instructions for use:
- Download the file by clicking the Download link (above) and saving the file to your hard disk.
- Double-click the OEAT2010Update1.exe program file on your hard disk to start the setup program.
- Accept the user terms for the tool
- Once the program file is extracted, double-click the OEAT.exe file to start the program from the extracted location.
For information about how to use this tool, see the Office Environment Assessment Tool (OEAT) user's guide for Office 2010
To remove this download:
- To remove the download file, delete the OEAT.exe file and configuration files from your hard disk.