Visual C++ 2008 Libraries Extension Feature Pack Refresh
The Visual C++ 2008 Feature Pack extends the VC++ Libraries shipped with Visual Studio 2008 and is fully covered under Microsoft's standard support policies.
The VC++ 2008 MFC libraries have been extended to support creation of applications that have:
- Office Ribbon style interface
- Office 2007, Office 2003 and Office XP look and feel
- Modern Visual Studio-style docking toolbars and panes
- Fully customizable toolbars and menus
- A rich set of advanced GUI controls
- Advanced MDI tabs and groups
- And much more!
This feature pack also includes an implementation of TR1. Portions of TR1 are scheduled for adoption in the upcoming C++0x standard as the first major addition to the ISO 2003 standard C++ library. Our implementation includes a number of important features such as:
- Smart pointers
- Regular expression parsing
- New containers (tuple, array, unordered set, etc)
- Sophisticated random number generators
- Polymorphic function wrappers
- Type traits
- And more!
Note: This feature pack does not include C99 compatibility or support for special math functions.
Supported Operating System
Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- Visual Studio: This Feature Pack is only supported on systems which have the English language (ENU) version of Visual Studio 2008 Standard Edition or above installed.
- Support for systems with non-English versions of Visual Studio 2008 installed will be available in Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1.
- Microsoft Windows SDK: If you install the Visual C++ 2008 Feature Pack and then install the Windows SDK for Windows Server 2008 and .NET Framework 3.5, some of the files in the Feature Pack are overwritten and lose the additions made by the Feature Pack.
- Please install the Windows SDK for Windows Server 2008 and .NET Framework 3.5 first and then the Feature Pack.
- If you have already installed the Feature Pack first and then Windows SDK, repairing your VS 2008 installation should solve the problem.
This is a supplemental library and requires Visual Studio 2008 Standard Edition or above be installed on your system. Installation on systems with Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1 (BETA) is not supported.
- Click the Download button on this page to start the download.
MSDN online Libraries
The MSDN online libraries have been updated with new documentation and walkthroughs that support the new MFC and TR1 features included in this release. The documentation provides some great content to get you up and running quickly with the new components. The documentation can be found at:
- MFC http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb982354.aspx
- TR1 http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb982198.aspx
Office Fluent UI Licensing:
The MFC C++ library source code for the Microsoft Office Fluent User Interface (the Fluent UI) is provided only as referential material to supplement the Microsoft Foundation Classes Reference and related electronic documentation provided with the MFC C++ library software. License terms to copy, use or distribute the Fluent UI are available separately. To learn more about our Fluent UI licensing program, visit http://msdn.microsoft.com/officeui.
The Ribbon functionality and MS Office 2007 Visual Styles included in this Feature Pack are subject to the license.