The Outlook 2007 Form Region Add-ins are a learning tool that will help you understand how to design, build, and run custom form solutions based on Outlook form regions.
The Outlook 2007 Form Region Add-ins are a learning tool that will help you understand how to design, build, and run custom form solutions based on Outlook form regions. They provide coverage of the following important new areas:
- Tracking the state of a form region across multiple windows
- Implementing the FormRegionStartup interface in an Outlook add-in
- Understanding the form region manifest XML
- Registering a form region with Outlook
- Storing form components as a project resource
- Deploying a form regionsolution
Supported Operating System
Windows Server 2003, Windows XP Service Pack 2
- This download works with the following applications:
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005
To install this download:
- Download the file by clicking the Download link (above) and saving the file to your hard disk.
- Double-click the Outlook2007FormRegionAddin.msi program file on your hard disk to start the setup program.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
Each sample solution is contained in a solution folder and subfolders. The suffix of the sample solution name identifies the language used for the sample. Visual Basic .NET samples have a VB suffix and C# samples have a CS suffix. For example, InternetHeadersVB contains the Visual Basic .NET version and InternetHeadersCS contains the C# version.
Instructions for use:
- Close Outlook 2007.
- Open the SolutionName solution in the My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\SolutionName folder.
- In Solution Explorer, select SolutionName Setup.
- On the Build menu, select Build SolutionName Setup.
- When the build process is complete, open the Project menu and click Install to install the solution.
- Start Outlook to start the add-in in Run mode, or press F5 to start the add-in in Debug mode.
If Outlook does not open in Debug mode, open Solution Explorer and select SolutionName
. Then open the Project
menu, select SolutionName Properties
, select the Debug
tab, and then under Start Action
select the Start External Program
option. Click the Browse
) button and then select Outlook.exe
in the following folder:
\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12
To remove this download:
To remove the download file itself:
- On the Start menu, point to Settings and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- In the list of currently installed programs, select Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Form Region Sample Add-ins (CS) and/or Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Form Region Sample Add-in (VB).
- Click Remove or Add/Remove, and then click Yes or OK to confirm that you want to remove the program. If you did not install the individual sample add-ins, proceed to the next step.
- In the list of currently installed programs, select Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Form Region Sample Add-ins and then click Remove or Add/Remove. If a dialog box appears, follow the instructions to remove the program.
- Click Yes or OK to confirm that you want to remove the program.
- Delete the file Outlook2007FormRegionAddin.msi from your hard disk.
Note: This package does not collect any personal information.