The Microsoft® .NET Compact Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 Redistributable includes everything you need to run .NET Compact Framework 1.0 and 2.0 applications.
The Microsoft® .NET Compact Framework 2.0 SP1 Redistributable contains the common language runtime and class libraries built for the .NET Compact Framework. In addition to supporting version 2.0, it also supports applications developed for version 1.0 and service pack releases before version 2.0.
Important: This redistributable enables running .NET Compact Framework applications on the Pocket PC, Pocket PC Phone Edition, Smartphone, and other Windows CE powered devices. To develop .NET Compact Framework applications, Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 or the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SDK are required.
This package uses ActiveSync 4.0 and up to update the device, see the Windows Mobile Center for more information. Be sure to dock your device first before running NETCFSetupv2.msi. If your device is not docked, ActiveSync will store the CAB file until the time when you dock your device. Those not using ActiveSync can run the CAB files which match the device found in the install folder directly on the device.
Supported Operating System
Windows CE .NET, Windows Mobile 2003 SE software for Pocket PC, Windows Mobile 2003 software for Pocket PCs , Windows Mobile 5.0, Windows Mobile 5.0 software for Pocket PC, Windows Mobile 5.0 software for Smartphone
- Supported Device Operating Systems: Windows Mobile Software for Pocket PC 2003, Windows Mobile 5.0 for PocketPC and Smartphone, Windows CE .NET 5.0 and higher.
Important: This download utilities Microsoft® Windows® Installer technology. Windows 98 and Windows ME users should install the Microsoft® Windows® Installer 2.0 before proceeding with this download.
- Click the Download button on this page to start the download, or choose a different language from the drop-down list and click Change.
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
- To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk.
.NET Compact Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 details:
- Added support for WindowsCE 4.2 in both the CAB
installation and a Platform Builder Update (For more information on the
Platform Builder Update, see
Windows CE Download Center.)
- Added the option to install the global assembly
cache to the storage card.
- Allow DataGrid cell drawing to be overridden
- Added support for headless Windows CE 5.0 devices
by adding a Headless catalog item in Platform Builder. (For more
information on the Platform Builder Update, see
Windows CE Download Center.)
- Added System SR files to the Windows CE 5.0
Platform Builder catalog item. (For more information on the Platform
Builder Update, see
Windows CE Download Center)
- Enabled device debugging using mdbg.
- Included LogViewer tools to monitor network
- Included the .NET Compact Framework Remote
Performance Monitor. (For more information, see Steven Pratschner’s
- Added the Serializable attribute.
- Changing VT_BYREF Variants in managed code could
lead to a memory leak.
- Inappropriate caching of current UI culture even
after CultureInfo.ClearCachedData is called.
- For the HttpWebRequest method, an uncatchable
ObjectDisposedException could occur when exiting an application with
- Visual Studio hangs on setting a Breakpoint in a
function with an infinite loop when it is called from the Immediate
- Breakpoints do not work if the cached, managed
dlls in the bcl directory differ from the ones on the device.
- Environment.GetFolderPath returns an
- An access violation occurs when accessing .the
Controls or .Controls.Count property of a control once it has begun the
- The WebBrowser.DocumentCompleted event is fired in
a loop when the DocumentText property contains an image inside of a
- Files should be extracted to the main storage as a
workaround to avoid hardware issues on some storage cards.
- For the HttpWebRequest method, an
ArgumentOutOfRangeException occurs when accessing some https:// URLs.
- Timer breaks after GetTickCount wraps around (49.7
- Error occurs when loading the .NET Compact
Framework version 2.0 on a device using an ActiveSync push.
- Memory leaks occur when using Com marshaling.
- Installer should check for ActiveSync version and
disable deployment if version is older than ActiveSync 4.0 build 4343.
- For the SerialPort class, an IOException is thrown
when opening a serial port on the IPAQ 4150.
- A call to HttpWebRequest over SSL with a payload
greater than 32 KB hangs on the client when SendChunked returns false.
- For the SerialPort class,an uncatchable exception
occurs when Bluetooth is turned off.
- A finalizer for the FileStream class will cause
the application to crash if a previous IO operation failed.
- Installation of the .NET Compact Framework fails
on low memory devices.
- PInvoke return types of UIntPtr throw a
- The Debug.WriteLine method in the .NET Compact
framework version 2.0 is not working.
- For the SerialPort class, virtual serial ports are
not reported by the SerialPort.GetPortNames method.
- When using COM Interop, a VARIANT_BOOL type is
passed incorrectly on ARMV4I.
- The .NET Compact Framework incorrectly performs
version comparison when loading assemblies.
- ARMV4I runtime should be removed from ARMV4 Pocket
PC CAB to reduce the size of the CAB.
- Corrections needed for Http Abort semantics.
- The DateTime.Now method throws an
- Crash caused by using CurrentTimeZone.GetDaylightTime and
CurrentTimeZone.GetStandardTime in certain rare stress conditions.