Stay up-to-the-minute with the people in your networks by accessing everything from e-mail threads to status updates in one single, centralized view.
The Outlook Social Connector allows you to synchronize your contact data right into Outlook and obtain information about your friends and colleagues. You can also see status updates from various networks and recently posted files.
Use the Outlook Social Connector to display a quick view of related Outlook content when you click on an email from a contact, such as recent e-mail conversations, meetings, and shared attachments.
Developers can connect and feed social streams from line-of-business applications or integrate their solutions directly into Outlook.
Supported Operating System
Windows 2000, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows XP
- Microsoft Windows XP SP3
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows 7
This download works with the following Office programs:
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
The following is also required:
NOTE: This download includes and automatically installs the Update for Microsoft Outlook Social Connector (KB983403).
To install this download:
Instructions for use:
- Download the setup file by clicking the Download button next to Outlooksocialconnector-x86-en-us.exe (below), and save the file to your hard disk.
- Double-click the Outlooksocialconnector-x86-en-us.exe program file on your hard disk to start the Setup program.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
To remove this download:
- After you install this download, restart Outlook.
- On the View tab, in the People Pane group, click People Pane, and then click Account Settings.
- Under Social Network Accounts, click View Social Network providers available online.
- Click the network that you want to add.
To remove the download file, delete the file Outlooksocialconnector-x86-en-us.exe
To uninstall this download:
- On the Start menu, point to Settings and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- In the list of currently installed programs, select Microsoft Outlook Social Connector 32-bit and then click Remove or Add/Remove. If a dialog box appears, follow the instructions to remove the program.
- Click Yes or OK to confirm that you want to remove the program.