After you install this update, you can use Mac OS X Sync Services and Spotlight searches to sync and find Entourage items, use smart cards with Entourage 2004, and enjoy improved overall security and stability when using Microsoft Word 2004, Excel 2004, PowerPoint 2004, and Entourage 2004.
After you install this update, you can use Mac OS X Sync Services and Spotlight searches to sync and find Entourage items, use smart cards with Entourage 2004, and enjoy improved overall security and stability when using Microsoft Word 2004, Excel 2004, PowerPoint 2004, and Entourage 2004. This update also includes all of the improvements released in all previous Office 2004 updates.
Applies to: Microsoft Office 2004 Standard Edition, Office 2004 Student and Teacher Edition, Office 2004 Professional Edition, Entourage 2004.
Supported Operating System
Mac OS X
To install this update, your computer must meet the following minimum requirements:
Processor: Mac OS X-compatible processor that is a model G3 or a later model
Operating system: Mac OS X 10.2.8 (Jaguar) or a later version of Mac OS; Mac OS X 10.4.3 (Tiger) or a later version is required to use all features
Memory: 256 MB of RAM
Note To verify that your computer meets these minimum requirements, on the Apple menu, click About This Mac, and then click More Info.
Note Smart cards on Intel-based Macs will show up in the Keychain, but they will not be available to Entourage. This is a smart card issue that affects Intel-based Macs only. Microsoft is working with Apple to address the issue in an upcoming Mac OS X 10.4 update.
Exchange Server users
- Important note about Exchange mailbox synchronization If you notice that your mailbox contains duplicate folders or is missing messages, events, or contacts, your mailbox might be affected by a synchronization issue in versions of Microsoft Entourage that were updated with Office 2004 SP2 (11.2.0). The issue might cause data loss when Entourage attempts to synchronize with an Exchange mailbox that was moved to a different Exchange server. Quit Entourage immediately and do not install this update or open Entourage again until after you read Knowledge Base (KB) article KB 909574 on the Microsoft Web site at http://support.microsoft.com/, which contains specific instructions for this situation. In addition, contact your system administrator for assistance. If you do not have these issues in your Exchange mailbox, you can install the update now.
- Delegate folders and public folders Exchange folders that are not in your mailbox, such as delegated folders and public folders, are read-only unless the appropriate update is installed on the Exchange server. For more information, visit the Microsoft Web site at http://www.microsoft.com/mac.
Before you install this update
- If you use Entourage with a mailbox on an Exchange server, read the important note in the Exchange Server users section of this document to see if you should install this update.
- Quit any programs that are running, including all Microsoft Office programs, Microsoft Messenger, and Office Notifications, because they might interfere with installation.
To install this update
- Print this page if you want to use it as a reference when you are offline.
- Make sure your computer meets the minimum system requirements.
- Click the Download button.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to save the file to your hard disk.
If you are using Safari, the downloaded file is saved to the desktop unless you specified a different location in the Preferences dialog box of Safari. (To check your preferences, on the Safari menu, click Preferences, and then click General.)
If you are using Internet Explorer, the Download Manager saves the file to the desktop unless you specified a different folder in the Preferences dialog box of Internet Explorer. (To check your preferences, on the Explorer menu, click Preferences, and then click Download Options in the left pane.)
- Double-click the file you downloaded in step 4 to place the Office 2004 11.2.3 Update volume on your desktop, and then double-click the Office 2004 11.2.3 Update volume to open it. This step might have been performed for you.
- In the Office 2004 11.2.3 Update volume window, double-click the Office 2004 11.2.3 Update program to start the update process, and follow the instructions on the screen.
- If the installation completes successfully, you can remove the update installer from your hard disk. To verify that the installation completed successfully, see the Updated files section of the Read Me file included with this update. To remove the update installer, first drag the Office 2004 11.2.3 Update volume to the Trash, and then drag the file you downloaded to the Trash.
This update is also available from Microsoft AutoUpdate, a program that can automatically keep your Microsoft software up to date. To use AutoUpdate, open an Office program, and then on the Help
menu, click Check for Updates
To remove this update
This update does not include an uninstall feature. To restore your program to its original state, delete it from your hard disk, reinstall it from your original installation disk, and then install the updates you want.
If you have technical questions or problems downloading or using this update, visit the Microsoft Support page at www.microsoft.com/mac/support to learn about the support options that are available to you.