This add-in to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager Update allows you to synchronize your contacts and a subset of your communication history to your Microsoft Windows Mobile-based Pocket PC. NOTE: This version does not currently support Windows Mobile 5.0 devices.
Business Contacts for Pocket PC is an add-in to Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager Update that allows you to synchronize your business contacts and a subset of your communication history to your Microsoft Windows Mobile-based Pocket PC. While on the go, you can make changes to your business contacts and later synchronize the changes with Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager Update on your desktop or laptop computer.
Note: This version does not currently support Windows Mobile 5.0 devices. Refer to the System Requirements section for device compatibility.
Note: Business Contacts for Pocket PC is not supported on Smartphones.
This download contains two parts: a sync provider for Microsoft Active Sync and a program residing on the Microsoft Windows Mobile Pocket PC device.
Supported Operating System
Windows 2000 Service Pack 3, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP
- This download works with the following Office program:
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager Update
- The following are also required:
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 2003 Software for Pocket PC Second Edition, Microsoft Windows Mobile 2003 Software for Pocket PC, or Microsoft Windows Mobile 2002
- Microsoft ActiveSync, versions 3.71 to 4.2
Note: Microsoft ActiveSync 4.5 is not compatible with this download.
To install this download:
Instructions for use:
- Download the file by clicking the Download button (above) and saving the file to your hard disk.
- Double-click the BCMV2PPC.exe program file on your hard disk to start the Setup program.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
To remove this download:
- After you install this download, you can access Business Contacts on your Pocket PC. On the Pocket PC, tap Start, tap Programs, and tap Business Contacts.
- Return your Pocket PC to its cradle to synchronize your business contacts with Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager Update on your computer. If necessary, on the Start menu, point to All Programs, then Microsoft ActiveSync, and then click the Sync icon.
To remove the download file, delete the file BCMV2PPC.exe
To remove Business Contacts for Pocket PC from your Pocket PC, Microsoft ActiveSync must be running and the Pocket PC must be docked.
- On the ActiveSync menu, click Tools, and then click Add/Remove Programs.
- Clear the check box next to Business Contacts, and then click OK.
Note: If you encounter problems during the removal process, do the following:
- On the Pocket PC, tap Start, tap Settings, tap the System tab, and then tap Remove Programs.
- Tap Business Contacts, and then tap Remove.
- Ensure that your Pocket PC is undocked.
- On the Start menu, point to Settings and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- In the list of currently installed programs, select Business Contacts for Pocket PC and then click Remove or Add/Remove. If a dialog box appears, follow the instructions to remove the program.
- Click Yes or OK to confirm that you want to remove the program.