The Outlook 2007 Ribbon Extensibility Add-In, available in both Visual C# and Visual Basic .NET versions, is a learning tool that will help you understand how to customize the Ribbon for Outlook Inspector windows.
The Outlook 2007 Ribbon Extensibility Add-In is a learning tool that will help you understand how to customize the Ribbon for Outlook Inspector windows. It provides coverage of the following important new areas:
For more information, see the article Customizing the Ribbon in Outlook 2007.
- How legacy command bar customizations appear in an Outlook Inspector window
- How to implement the Office.IRibbonExtensibility interface in an Outlook add-in
- Providing Ribbon markup for Ribbon customization depending on the RibbonID string passed in the GetCustomUI callback
- Using the IRibbonControl.Context object to find an instance of an Inspector object
- Changing the state of Ribbon controls depending on the PropertyChange event for an Outlook item.
Supported Operating System
Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1, Windows Vista, Windows XP Service Pack 2
- This download works with the following applications:
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005
- Download the file by clicking the Download link (above) and saving the file to your hard disk.
- Double-click the Outlook2007RibbonXAddin.msi program file on your hard disk to start the setup program.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
Each sample solution is contained in a solution folder and subfolders. The suffix of the sample solution name identifies the language used for the sample. Visual Basic .NET samples have a VB suffix and C# samples have a CS suffix. For example, WhatsNewAddinVB contains the Visual Basic .NET version and WhatsNewAddinCS contains the C# version.
To run the sample
- Close Outlook 2007.
- In the My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\SolutionName folder, open the SolutionName solution .
- In Solution Explorer, select AddinName Setup.
- On the Build menu, select Build SolutionName Setup.
- When the build process is finished, on the Project menu, click Install to install the solution.
- Start Outlook to start the add-in in Run mode, or press F5 to start the add-in in Debug mode.
If Outlook does not open in Debug mode, follow these steps:
To remove this download:
- In Solution Explorer, select AddinName.
- Click the Project menu, click SolutionName Properties, and then click the Debug tab.
- Under Start Action select the Start External Program option, and then click the ellipsis (...) button.
- In the Drive\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12 folder, select Outlook.exe.
- Press F5 to start the add-in in Debug mode.
To remove the download file itself:
- On the Start menu, point to Settings and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- In the list of currently installed programs, select Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 RibbonX Sample Add-in (CS) and/or Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 RibbonX Sample Add-in (VB).
- Click Remove or Add/Remove, and then click Yes or OK to confirm that you want to remove the program. If you did not install the individual sample add-ins, proceed to the next step.
- In the list of currently installed programs, select Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 RibbonX Sample Add-in and then click Remove or Add/Remove. If a dialog box appears, follow the instructions to remove the program.
- Click Yes or OK to confirm that you want to remove the program.
- Delete the file Outlook2007RibbonXAddin.msi from your hard disk.