Delta Sport Group upgraded its business management software to Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009. Since deploying the solution, which integrates with its in house retail solution, the company has improved data accuracy by 30 per cent, increased sales by up to 10 per cent, and boosted productivity by 20 per cent.
Delta Sport Group is one of the most successful sports retail and wholesale businesses in Eastern Europe. Established in 1993, with headquarters in Belgrade, Serbia, the company is also active in the hospitality industry―recently adding global chain Costa Coffee to its portfolio. Delta Sport Group employs around 1,800 people at wholesale, retail, and hospitality outlets in Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro, and Serbia.
|With Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009, Delta Sport Group has the tools and data to analyse and respond to customer demands, align with local regulations, and enhance operations. |
Delta Sport Group
Sales executives and managers at Delta Sport Group need accurate and comprehensive data from all business areas to monitor the group’s financial performance and respond to changing market conditions. They face a number of challenges, including:
-Incorporating local regulations and reporting requirements for suppliers and distributors across the region
-Keeping tight control over cash flow, while managing stock and sales inventories created in different languages, systems, and currencies
-Gaining accurate, up-to-date data on all activities, while keeping reporting costs low and minimising the time spent on administration
In 2008, Bojan Jovicic, IT Manager at Delta Sport Group, upgraded the company’s business management solution to Microsoft Dynamics® AX 2009. The latest version of Microsoft Dynamics AX integrates with the company’s retail solution, which manages all sales and distribution activities for Delta Sport Group. It uses Microsoft SQL Server® 2008 data management software to provide users with sophisticated reporting and analysis functionality. With the integrated solution, sales executives and managers can easily align stock and sales information originating in different areas of the business and created within different languages.
- Consolidates all business data into a central repository, including data from external partner systems
- Transfers stock, shipments, and sales data between distribution and retail outlets
- Automatically converts local currencies into euros
- Employees are now around 20 per cent more productive.
- Data accuracy has increased by around 30 per cent.
- Employees can easily create comprehensive and reliable sales performance reports.
- The time spent on manual data entry has decreased by around 300 hours a month.
- Operations are more transparent, and overall efficiency has increased by 10 per cent.
- Managers can respond quickly to changing market conditions, which has helped increase sales by up to 10 per cent.
This case study is for informational purposes only. MICROSOFT MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN THIS SUMMARY.