Egypt and Middle East-based Internet service provider (ISP) LINKdotNET wanted a new customer relationship management (CRM) solution to support customers and expand its offering. It engaged LINK Development to implement Microsoft Dynamics® CRM integrated with Microsoft® Office SharePoint® Portal Server and Microsoft Forecaster in Microsoft Dynamics GP for integration of financial data, saving hundreds of hours’ work daily.
Established in 2000, LINKdotNET is now the largest private ISP in North Africa and the Middle East. Based in Cairo, LINKdotNET is financially backed by Orascom Telecom Holding, a leading international telecommunications service provider. With 1,500 staff in Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates (UAE), LINKdotNET possesses one of the largest Internet bandwidths in the Middle East.
|Prior to implementation, 10,000 documents had to be manually integrated each day, each taking around two minutes. The automated system saves more than 330 hours a day in unproductive time.|
Chief Executive Officer,
Using LINKdotNET, business customers access the Internet through digital subscriber line (DSL) and leased lines. Karim Beshara, Chief Executive Officer, LINKdotNET, says: “We provide enterprises with global connectivity, no matter how dispersed their branches and how challenging their requirements.”
The organisation strives to deliver cutting-edge solutions to its customers and understands the importance of maintaining innovative environments to stay ahead of the market. As part of this strategy, LINKdotNET decided that it needed a CRM solution to replace its existing system.
The organisation wanted a solution that could automatically generate transactions for its call centre. The existing LINKdotNET solution lacked integration with the organisation’s accounting systems, and call centre agents were unable to easily access the financial data of their 150,000 DSL subscribers. This meant that agents had to manually generate around 4,000 cash receipts daily. Finally, with so many disparate systems in place, users and IT administrators couldn’t easily keep track of hardware, network, and software infrastructure.
As a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, LINKdotNET already had vast experience of Microsoft technologies and a highly qualified technical team. It was this experience and market knowledge that inspired the organisation to employ the services of Microsoft partner LINK Development to produce a business management solution based on Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM helps businesses manage projects more efficiently. It offers an up-to-date and accurate view of customer information and processes, and gives users the tools to track and monitor projects and tasks more easily.
In what proved to be a pioneering solution, LINK Development integrated Microsoft Dynamics CRM with Microsoft Operations Manager and Microsoft Office SharePoint Portal Server collaboration software. The organisation also aligned the solution with its internal billing system and Microsoft Forecaster in Microsoft Dynamics GP, which gives users access to a fully integrated budgeting and planning solution.
Hanan Abdel Meguid, Chief Executive Officer, LINK Development, says: “The new solution integrates 10,000 documents from the different operating systems making it easy to generate consolidated financial reports across all subsidiaries.” The 140 call centre agents have the financial information of subscribers at their fingertips, and the system generates receipts automatically. Beshara says: “With Microsoft Forecaster, we can consolidate balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow, and also drill into the detail of any subsidiary.”
With this solution, LINKdotNET can also integrate with other monitoring software to troubleshoot its entire ISP infrastructure. Using the Microsoft .NET Framework, it was easy for LINKdotNET to extend its monitoring tools to check customers’ lines and servers. Beshara says: “Our previous system was not automatically integrated to our monitoring system, but now we can observe DSL and leased lines as well as servers, and report and fix faults for our customers efficiently. If there is a problem, customers are often told before they’ve even noticed it themselves.”
The integration of Microsoft Dynamics CRM with SharePoint Portal Server supports a more advanced helpdesk service across all international locations. Using the company intranet, helpdesk staff and IT administrators can use intuitive features to see the list of tickets and follow up on their status, contact the IT owner, or drill down to view all related activities.
LINKdotNET prioritises customers, ensuring they receive a faster, more efficient service, while maintaining optimum connectivity. The organisation is confident that the technology will help LINKdotNET achieve its vision of leading the Middle East in IT solutions. Beshara says: “We recognise the value of our customers and we’re dedicated to delivering what clients need and expect. We take the time and effort to build long-term relationships that, in turn, translate into solutions that develop and grow with our clients.”
- Proactive interaction with customers boosts sales. Microsoft Dynamics CRM gives sales people the tools to build reports and manage sales activity and budget by product, division, or region, helping to generate greater revenue across the business. “We are providing our team with the right information at the right time thanks to Microsoft Dynamics CRM,” says Beshara.
- Automation saves hundreds of hours’ manual work. “Prior to implementation, 10,000 documents had to be manually integrated each day, each taking around two minutes. The automated system saves more than 330 hours a day in unproductive time,” says Beshara.
- Integrated add-ins improve problem solving. LINKdotNET can monitor all hardware, network, and software infrastructure in all its international offices from one location. This not only saves time and cuts costs, but also prevents problems that could potentially affect customers and the credibility of the business.
- Helpdesk inquiries are easier to manage. Intuitive features ensure users can view and share information effectively, while automation means staff can respond to customer demands faster and keep the service running smoothly.
- Monitoring of key performance indicators is improved. Add-ins to Microsoft Dynamics CRM support more informed management decisions and help the business stay agile. Beshara says: “We can access business summaries and measure the performance of individual sales executives, teams, and the entire operation in each location.”
- Solution wins prestigious award for CRM integration. The Microsoft Dynamics CRM project at LINKdotNET was awarded the Microsoft CRM Integration Innovation—Client Reference Award of the Year 2004.
For more information about other Microsoft customer successes, please visit: www.microsoft.com/casestudies
This case study is for informational purposes only. MICROSOFT MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN THIS SUMMARY.