Microsoft offers a complete solution: devices, apps, productivity and protection, providing complete mobility solutions to empower your school:
- Devices and device management.
- Apps and content. Transform teaching and learning by providing the technology students need to know. According to an IDC study on the top skills students need to secure the best jobs, knowledge of Office ranks #3. Office is an essential part of every classroom and we offer Office 365 Education for free. Through Office 365 Education, we not only provide access to all sorts of Microsoft apps, we also make it possible for students, staff and teachers to use Office 365 Education with powerful education solutions.
- Productivity that empowers teachers and students to learn anywhere, anytime. With Office 365 Education, your users can easily access the productivity apps they’re already familiar with. Microsoft VDI and Microsoft Azure RemoteApp help ensure that they can get their work done on the go, from anywhere.
Microsoft provides schools with simple and secure access management so you can centrally manage identities across your datacenter and the cloud, providing secure, single sign-on to all of your applications:
- Easily manage identity
- Simplify adoption of cloud services
- Self-service password reset so students can easily reset their own passwords without IT intervention
- Unified access that provides a single log-in for multiple applications across both Microsoft and 3rd party applications
- Require additional authentication when needed
Watch: Hybrid Identity helps make users more productive
Read more about Azure Active Directory cloud identity and access management solutions and Windows Server 2012 R2 access and information protection solutions.
Microsoft offers cost-effective storage for teachers and students, and provides high performance storage solutions for schools that need to ensure data is backed up and recoverable.
- Ample storage for teachers and students. From documents to email and video calls to cloud storage.
- Automate storage and backup in Windows. Take advantage of automatic backups in Windows to ensure that files aren't permanently lost or damaged – without having to remember to back up.
- High performance storage for schools. Using hardware you already have, combined with Microsoft StorSimple, you can easily set up optimized hybrid storage that grows into the cloud as your needs increase. Learn more about cloud storage options.
- Data backup and recovery. Decrease downtime and protect your on-premises data – including academic research data – at a low cost using Microsoft Azure. SQL Server backup and disaster recovery can be set up and managed directly within SQL Server Management Studio, leveraging your existing technology. Learn more about backup and recovery.
- Data center fail-over. Copy your services and virtual machines into Azure, and eliminate service interruptions while paying only when you use the backups.
Manage the security and privacy of everything from school data, academic research, personal privacy, online safety of students, and more.
- Security features. Explore security features in Microsoft products that help schools and universities protect their data and student information, including specific information about security in Azure, Dynamics CRM and Intune.
- Privacy and online safety with Microsoft safety and security resources. Protect PCs with Microsoft Windows Defender and Security Essentials, install security updates, fix viruses and get support. Read more about privacy, security and online safety for students.
- Data security and privacy. With Microsoft IT solutions, your school can protect data while allowing more secure access to school resources and enabling safe sharing of sensitive information inside and outside your organization.
It protects Office better
The only solution designed to protect your Microsoft Office email, files, and apps.
It saves you money
Up to 50% less than the cost of buying standalone solutions from other vendors.
It just works
It's simple to set up, always up to date, and connects to your on-premises datacenter.
It's more secure
Security is in our core. We help you to identify security breaches before they cause damage.
We protect iOS, Android, Windows, and over 2,500 popular SaaS apps.