Limitless potential lives within every student, educator, and school. Together we can unlock this potential by providing technology that empowers educators and inspires students. Microsoft solutions transform classrooms and expand the power of education.
Get help transforming your school with technology
Use these surveys to find out assess your school. They’re free, anonymous, and confidential—and a great starting point. Preview the questions.
- Leader survey - Take a five-minute online survey to reflect on how you think your school is doing.
- Administrator and teacher survey - Send out a 10-minute online survey to get your staff’s feedback.
Read our comprehensive guide to K-12 school modernization to get ideas that you can start using today. It includes white papers written by global education experts on nine critical topics. In them, you’ll get the latest thinking and evidence from research on learning to help you optimize the way your school works. Summary: Transformation Framework Overview
(.PDF) Topics in detail (also .PDFs):
Use a variety of enterprise-level IT solutions from Microsoft to help your school or campus run efficiently.
Collaborate with more than 150 of the world’s most visionary schools—those with strong school-wide learning environments based on the latest technologies. Together, they’re working to improve education faster by sharing their experiences. As a Showcase School (selected by Microsoft each year) or Associate Showcase School (self-selected), you can:
- Share best practices with exemplary schools worldwide
- Engage with global school leaders of identified high-impact schools in an exclusive community
- Participate in regional and international events
- Access to informal and formal professional learning opportunities for leaders, staff, and students
- Take advantage of product trials and special deals
- Get priority support from Microsoft
Learn how to join the Showcase Schools Program by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Read about research projects that can help you decide how to use technology in your school.
- Office ranks #3 on a list of top skills for students An IDC study reveals that Microsoft Office is one of the most important skills required for tomorrow’s best jobs, making it an essential part of every classroom. When your school uses it, your teachers and students get hands-on experience. Plus, they can get ,a href="/en-us/education/products/office/default.aspx"Office 365 Education for free. You can help them develop even more skills by providing access to Microsoft IT Academy, which offers technology curricula and certifications at greatly reduced prices.
- Digital pens aid learning more than keyboards Research presented in the paper Computer Interfaces and their Impact on Learning shows that digital pens more accurately accommodate how we think than keyboards. That means you can enhance learning and problem-solving by providing digital pens in your classrooms.
- Microsoft supports educational research To advance education, Microsoft Research partners with universities on conferences, fellowships, and research and travel grants—and with universities and other schools and institutions on innovative curricula. Microsoft also supports the Innovative Teaching and Learning (ITL) research project, which aims to transform education by integrating technology. Among its findings, ITL’s 21st Century Learning Design materials inform a professional development program to help you develop innovative pedagogies.