Technology is everywhere. There is a need to provide appropriate business software and technology skills necessary in everyday life, whether it is basic computer skills or advanced technical skills. Almost every job today requires some form of technology skills.
Students who hold a Microsoft Certification can prove their proficiency. Microsoft Certification can help provide:
- recognition among peers and employers, and a distinct edge in the competitive job market
- higher degree of success in their pursuit of higher education or a career in technology
- a firm measure and increased confidence in skills
- demonstration of skills on the latest technologies
- a career development path for ongoing advancement of Microsoft technology skills
Educators can help students validate their skills through the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification program. For students whose sights are set on a career in business, Microsoft Office certifications are offered at three levels:
- Microsoft Office Specialist: MOS Certification is the recognized standard for core Microsoft Office skills.
- Microsoft Office Specialist-Expert: MOS Expert certification recognizes an authority on advanced Microsoft Office functionality.
- Microsoft Office Specialist-Master: MOS Master certification is the pinnacle distinction for outstanding proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite.
For students considering a career in information technology, Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) certification is the first step. MTA certification validates a student's knowledge of technology fundamentals, and helps them stand out when submitting college and internship applications. MTA proves their understanding of a variety of entry-level technology concepts.
For students who are pursuing an IT career, the Microsoft Certified Professional certifications are straightforward and help students acquire the technology skills they need to be successful in a career.
- the globally recognized standard for IT excellence > Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), Developer (MCSD)
- the foundation for your career in Microsoft technology > Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- the gateway to technology careers and certification > Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA)
"The total number of certifications is 3.22 certifications per student. I am beaming with pride at what they accomplished!"
Marty Roettgen, Teacher, Green Hope High School, Cary, North Carolina, USA