Licensing options for Independent Software Vendors
Deliver your Unified Solutions to end users with simplified licensing options through the Microsoft Independent Software Vendor (ISV) Royalty Licensing Program.
This licensing program helps make it easy to deliver your business solutions to end users by allowing you to integrate Microsoft products into other applications and then distribute the Unified Solution to end users.
For more information, please see the program guide.
Provide added value for your customers by integrating Microsoft licensed products into unified business solutions.
The Microsoft ISV Royalty Licensing Program is a worldwide software licensing program that offers ISVs a convenient way to license Microsoft products and integrate them into a software business application.
This is a good option for:
- Organizations that exclusively develop software or software solutions instead of being part of a computer system or being a hardware manufacturer.
- Organizations that obtain at least 30 percent of their overall revenue from the sales that solution.
How ISV Royalty Licensing works
ISV Royalty Licensing Works The ISV Royalty Licensing Program is a worldwide software licensing program for all solution partner segments. You acquire licenses for your Unified Solution through a Microsoft Authorized Independent Software Distributor (“distributor”).
You can choose a local distributor to offer dedicated local support to ISV product and service needs. Distributors are experts in Microsoft Licensing. Therefore, they are very useful in meeting reporting requirements and managing the licensing agreement, creating a one-stop shopping experience.
The program offers access to a wide range of Microsoft licensed products. Download the most recent ISV Royalty Product List (updated quarterly) to see the wide selection of Microsoft products available for the ISV Royalty Licensing Program (Note, the program does not currently include desktop operating systems, server operating systems, and online services).
Help cut costs and increase revenue while delivering integrated software solutions to your customers.
The following are some of the benefits of participating in the ISV Royalty Licensing Program.
For more information, download the Microsoft ISV Royalty Licensing Program Guide.
- Deliver a total solution. Simplify procurement and deployment for your customers by eliminating the need to separately license the Microsoft products that are included with your solution.
- Reduce costs. Help reduce installation, configuration, update, and support costs by pre-configuring solution installation with Microsoft products.
- Potentially increase revenue. Create an additional revenue stream or increase margins by redistributing Microsoft licenses and Embedded Maintenance upgrade coverage with a Unified Solution.
- Worldwide distribution. Distribute a Unified Solution to customers in any part of the world where distribution is allowed.
Learn about program requirements, eligibility, and key steps for ISV enrollment and participation.
To participate in the ISV Royalty Licensing Program, you must:
- Develop a Unified Solution. Build a value-added solution that uses Microsoft licensed products and distribute the Unified Solution in a tangible media format.
- Enroll in the Microsoft Partner Network. Enroll in the Microsoft Partner Network (MPN) at any level.
- Designate an ISV Royalty distributor. Work with an authorized Microsoft ISV Royalty Licensing Program distributor to complete the ISV Royalty License and Distribution Agreement packet.
Find an authorized distributor
- Complete the agreements. Complete the ISV Royalty License and Distribution Agreement and Microsoft Business and Services Agreement (MBSA).
- Submit the paperwork. Submit the ISV Royalty License and Distribution Agreement and credit application form to your distributor.
- Meet all program requirements. Comply with the full program requirements as outlined in the ISV Royalty License and Distribution Agreement that you get from your distributor.
After you are accepted into the program, you will receive a welcome letter that contains information on how to get started—including how to order fulfillment media and how to register for the program’s online tools.